Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Default An Idea I had

Over the last year, my ability to pick up girls has easily increased 10 fold. It's not that I was a loser (I had 5 decent looking girlfriends before I was 17, sorry no pics) before then, I just didn't understand how to maximize my potential and use my game effectively. In short, I ended up in the dreaded friend zone more often than I should have.

Yet slowly but surely, in this last year of my high school career, things began to change. Going to an all-guys high school, you dont get to hang out with girls that often unless you make an effort to do so. So I made an effort to do so, and whaddya know? All the sudden my game started improving by leaps and bounds, and I started understanding how attraction works.

Now I'm still no PUA, hell far from it, because I actually prefer relationships (god forbid). However, I imagine there is a decent contingent in this forum that has absolutely no idea where to start when approaching a girl (hence all the threads along the lines of "how do I ask this girl out"), and I'm sure there are other members of this forum significantly more experienced and better at it than myself. But we all have something to learn from each other

So my idea is this: we create a thread full of strategies/philosophies/experiences related to picking up girls if you are between the ages of 17-23 (late high school/college). I believe everything is relevant here, attraction pretty much always work the same way... whether you want a relationship, or just to get in her pants.

Like I said, we all have something to learn from each other. We all have strengths/weaknesses, and the better we can improve upon those, the less often we end up in the friend zone. If people seem interested, I would be more than willing to start off by writing about how I have improved and what I have learned this last year.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: An Idea I had

how have you improved and what have you learned this last year
Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM

maybe start a new thread with a more descriptive title if you do this
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 PM

I will... this thread was more to see if there would be any interest in it.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:42 AM

I've been learning some mystery method (read Venusian Arts Handbook and The Game (the latter, which btw is just good for reading, and not really learning, as everything there is in The Game is covered in VAH)), but not to the extent with which I learn poker. So in that case I have moneys but no girls.

But I do share your same sentiment, my "game" has increased ten-fold ever since I started, and while I still have fundamental leaks (like approach anxiety), having actually opened sets on complete strangers is something not a lot of people can say they've done, and I've become a much more social and confident person as a result.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:34 PM

i usually just walk up to a girl, ask her if she wants to sit on my face....and its allll goood from there
Old 07-23-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 decent looking girlfriends before I was 17

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you date each of these girls for like 6 weeks or are you counting "girlfriends" from when you were 13?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you date each of these girls for like 6 weeks or are you counting "girlfriends" from when you were 13?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant 18 and none of them were over 6 months. The first was when I was 15.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wager everything I own that you're lying and just made that [censored] up. This whole thread is suspect.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wager everything I own that you're lying and just made that [censored] up. This whole thread is suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of [censored] on this guy's thread when all he wants to do is contribute something. I'm sure there are a number of guys (judging by the volume of previous posts) that wouldn't mind one large, running thread on picking up girls. Rather than contribute to the OP, you feel the need to whip out your e-peen and offer to wager an indeterminate (but likely insignificant) amount on something unverifiable, just to make yourself feel superior to this guy. Next time just don't post.