Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Is Javaris Crittendon coming out??

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who assumed this thread was about him coming out of the closet before I clicked on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly care more about his favorite ice cream flavor than his sexual preference.

(Does anyone know what type of ice cream he likes??)
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darko is still a very good prospect(He's still only 21!), and I think would go #5 if they redrafted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond a shadow of a doubt would go before Darko: Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade

Would shock me if they didn't go before Darko: Josh Howard

Would most likely go before Darko: Boris Diaw, Kirk Hinrich, David West

Thats 9 right there. Darko would be in the tier after that with(in no paricular order): Chris Kaman, TJ Ford, Brian Cook, and Luke Walton.

Even guys like Kyle Korver, Carlos Delfino, Luke Ridnour, Nick Collison, Dahntay Jones, Mickael Pietrus, and Jason Kapono might be in the mix.

#5 is a HUGE reach imo.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 PM

I also don't get the Darko love. Above, I linked to Hollinger who said that Darko has a chance to be one of the 10 best centers ever. Not now, of all-time. He said it would be shocking, but the guy has skills that few other players have, implying that if he harnessed those skills, he would be great.

In January he had games of 19/6, 16/12, 21/8, and 14/16, so I guess the flashes are still there. But he also has 6/4 games that make those flashes that much more frustrating.

EDIT: here'es a quote.

[ QUOTE ]
only a rare few people even have the potential to become an all-time caliber player, and he's one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 PM

no team in the league would rather have darko over josh howard.

that is not even a question.

when you throw in how good he is defensively, howard is closer to the first group than he is to darko.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Going back and reading the scouting reports does make Darko look like a superstar. I forgot how hyped this guy was(and it wasn't just Ford). Maybe I reacted too harshly to the #5 comment. I still don't see any way he'd go before Howard, but #6 wouldn't be too ridiculous.

Yugoslavia is one of the better non-U.S. countries at developing basketball talent and as a 16 year old, Darko was dominating their seniors league.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going back and reading the scouting reports does make Darko look like a superstar. I forgot how hyped this guy was(and it wasn't just Ford). Maybe I reacted too harshly to the #5 comment. I still don't see any way he'd go before Howard, but #6 wouldn't be too ridiculous.

Yugoslavia is one of the better non-U.S. countries at developing basketball talent and as a 16 year old, Darko was dominating their seniors league.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Howard would and should go ahead of Darko in a redraft, I'm still surprised he went so late originally. I think you are wrong about the other guys though, Darko has a much higher ceiling than most of them, he's still only 21, and he is a very serviceable bench player as is
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Howard would and should go ahead of Darko in a redraft, I'm still surprised he went so late originally. I think you are wrong about the other guys though, Darko has a much higher ceiling than most of them, he's still only 21, and he is a very serviceable bench player as is

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year David West averaged 17+ points per game on 51+% shooting. He added 8.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and a block per game.

Last year Boris Diaw averaged 13+ points per game on 52+% shooting and added 7 rebounds, 6.2 assist, and a block per game.

For his career, Hinrich has averaged 15 points, 6.5 assists, and 3 rebounds per game while playing some of the best defense in the league at the PG spot. Unlike others mentioned here, you didn't have to "wait for him to develop" at all.

Contrast that to Darko(especially regarding Hinrich) who is now in his 4th season and is just now become a servicable player. 4 years is a long time to wait on a draft pick, who still isn't guarnateed to pan out. This is especially true when you consider that rookie contracts are only 3 years long. So basically any team drafting him would have to give him a big contract without having seen much of anything or else risk him becoming another Jermaine O Neal type who does it for another team.

Darko, this year, is only averaging 24 minutes per game. Now obviously Dwight Howard should log a ton of minutes per game, but here are the Magic's other big men: Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw, James Augustine, and Tony Battie. Darko will turn 22 in a few months. If he was that good, he would be getting more minutes considering those other options.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 PM

LOL @ no one picking him top ten. He was very impressive at summer league. Definitely should be starting for the Lakers.

Atlanta passed on a local AND superior player by not taking Javaris.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM

javaris tore it up. i am so happy smush is out and javaris was drafted. guy can do everything.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Is there any possibility that Phil will let a rookie, a 19 year old rookie nonetheless, see the floor in anything but garbage time?

I sure hope so, J. Critt looks like something special.