Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: LVL 1 Bellagio 5k vs AaronBeen

[ QUOTE ]
aaron's betsize on the river with KQ is shove turning it into a bluff.

if checked to, I check behind i'm pretty sure

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aaron's betsize on the river with KQ is shove turning it into a bluff.

if checked to, I check behind i'm pretty sure

[/ QUOTE ]

wooooooooooooooooooow

this is hilarious. i love it.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 AM

I don't feel like we have shown any strength in this hand at all. We raised "UTG" at an effectively 6 handed table. Very often in these situations people are willing to put you on a bluff alot more often because of the fact that so many people are sitting out. Then we call down on an AJT flop and J turn. AQ, AK, Ax, seem to be somewhat likely holdings, especially since we consider our opponent a thinking, good player. Finally, on the river, he shoves 7k into a pot of 6400, not a huge overbet, but a bit of one and the really only logical line if he puts us on A anything or even a hand like KT or KJ and has air. I also think he could be value shoving with KJs, QJs, or KQ since we have shown absolutely 0 strength in this hand.

Secondly, I think our hand is certainly not "obviously" KQ+

Finally, I also think that nobody is giving enough credence to the fact that there are so many people sitting out.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like we have shown any strength in this hand at all. We raised "UTG" at an effectively 6 handed table. Very often in these situations people are willing to put you on a bluff alot more often because of the fact that so many people are sitting out. Then we call down on an AJT flop and J turn. AQ, AK, Ax, seem to be somewhat likely holdings, especially since we consider our opponent a thinking, good player. Finally, on the river, he shoves 7k into a pot of 6400, not a huge overbet, but a bit of one and the really only logical line if he puts us on A anything or even a hand like KT or KJ and has air. I also think he could be value shoving with KJs, QJs, or KQ since we have shown absolutely 0 strength in this hand.

Secondly, I think our hand is certainly not "obviously" KQ+

Finally, I also think that nobody is giving enough credence to the fact that there are so many people sitting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 AM

A good player raises the HJ and gets reraised and the reraiser bets every street, you cannot call without the nuts, in case you didn't notice the reraisers tournament life is on the line.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 AM

That's kinda creepy I was gna make the exact same post 2005 but I didnt cuz I was lazy. 5 handed + very underrepped boat can make a case for a call. But is Aaron a super nit or something? I think hes pretty tight online but I'm not sure.
Of course if hes a thinking nit then he might be lining up a sick bluff.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 AM

gavin, my question here is what range does he think i'm calling his push with that he will then want to value bet by pushing here? and what range would i call a bet of 2800 - 3400. and thus which hands does these calculations dictate his shoving range to be. The hands you say he could be value shoving, I agree that he could think they're ahead, but I disagree that he thinks worse hands will call the push.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 AM

I'm not sure if someone said it, but what about this theory:

Aaron is shoving river with air because he knows that we know that he wouldn't be doing this in the beginning of tourney. Perhaps he did one-up us and he really did have air. Could this be possible? Could he really be doing this with something like KJ or worse? Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gavin, my question here is what range does he think i'm calling his push with that he will then want to value bet by pushing here? and what range would i call a bet of 2800 - 3400. and thus which hands does these calculations dictate his shoving range to be. The hands you say he could be value shoving, I agree that he could think they're ahead, but I disagree that he thinks worse hands will call the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying the range of hands he takes this hand with is even smaller?

then that's just another tally in favor of calling
Old 07-30-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you think this is true, then that polarizes his range even more and therefore, we can't really help you because this is totally physically read dependent.