Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Cleveland HiBore XL-What\'s your favorite Driver?

Just bought the Hi Bore XL driver online. Never thought I'd be using a Cleveland club. Every review I read was real positive. Hope I didn't make a bad purchase.

Currently use the ERC Fusion, it was time for a change.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Cleveland HiBore XL-What\'s your favorite Driver?

I have Taylormade R580...love it
Old 06-05-2007, 11:48 PM

yeah, my first option was the R7. Taylor is #1 on tour for drivers.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 AM

Hopefully where you bought the club from has a good return policy. I dont think I'd ever buy a club online without hitting it first and knowing exactly what I wanted. That being said, as long as the shipping is decent, buying online is usually a good way to go.

I just got the King Cobra Speed LD. I hit the TM Burner, the Cleveland HiBore, the Ping G5 and the Nike Sumo Sq when I tried it out (I previously had a Ping Si3). I really liked the Cobra, though the noise is really bad when you hit it. It sounds like an aluminum bat, but it hits the hell out the ball, so I'll deal with it.

Also, although TM makes good clubs, part of the reason that they are #1 on tour is that they pay the most of any other club company, so I wouldnt let that sway you too much in what clubs to buy.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 AM

I've hit just about everything out there, and find I get the best results with Titleist stuff. I have a 983K now, but upgrading to a 907 after the WSOP.

I like Taylor Made, love the options, but their shafts completely suck. I have a buddy who works at Golf Smith, and told me the other day "Probably 70% of the R7's we sell either get returned or get new shafts about a week after purchase". But I guess people with swings different than mine might like them more..*shrug*
Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I like Taylor Made, love the options, but their shafts completely suck. I have a buddy who works at Golf Smith, and told me the other day "Probably 70% of the R7's we sell either get returned or get new shafts about a week after purchase". But I guess people with swings different than mine might like them more..*shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Had no idea. Interesting.
The one I bought comes with a Fujikura, hope it works out.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Had no idea. Interesting.
The one I bought comes with a Fujikura, hope it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taylor Made R5 Dual (9.5 degrees) with Fujikura shaft. Awesome club - I have more confidence with my driver than any other club in the bag.

People really should spend the extra money and get a quality shaft for their drivers.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 AM

I got a HiBore XL a few months ago and am happy with it. The stock shaft, unlike most other drivers on the market, is very good and provides a strong, penetrating ball flight. It did take me awhile to get used to it--at first I was hitting diving hooks, but have now adjusted and tend to hit a slight fade with it.
I waffled between the standard and tour models. The standard model is a bit hard to work, but I have enough accuracy issues that the higher MOI is probably the better course for me. The sound and feel also take a little bit of getting used to, but it is definitely staying in the bag.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 AM

Callaway Fusion FT3 Aldila NV stiff shaft. It is a beast, added 20 yards+ onto what I used to hit my Wilson Deep Red Fatshaft. Always drove Wilson or Titleist, but it'll take a long time before I trade this one in.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a HiBore XL a few months ago and am happy with it. The stock shaft, unlike most other drivers on the market, is very good and provides a strong, penetrating ball flight. It did take me awhile to get used to it--at first I was hitting diving hooks, but have now adjusted and tend to hit a slight fade with it.
I waffled between the standard and tour models. The standard model is a bit hard to work, but I have enough accuracy issues that the higher MOI is probably the better course for me. The sound and feel also take a little bit of getting used to, but it is definitely staying in the bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I ended up choosing the standard instead of tour version.