Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Mandalay hand vs The Tilly

how come nobody says what they had anymore? like in the hand you describe where she limped utg and you raised her flop bet?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:39 PM

Does anyone ever think of trying the old "Super-Donk-Weak-Lead" in a spot like this?

It's something I do very rarely, but occasionally (and almost always against a player who is both A) bad and B) bluffs too much) it works.

You play the hand the same way, bet 1300 on the flop and then on the turn when the ace hits, take a decent amount of time and then make a ridiculous donk bet like say 800.

It sounds like the silliest, most ridiculous thing ever, but more times than you think you'll get a "Zomg he's scared of the ace, I shove with air/ a flush draw"

This spot against Tilly seems like it might be tailor-made for it, although obviously I wouldn't know whether to make it unless I was at the table.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:17 PM

I decided to bet again hoping either the ace hit her and I wouldn't let her check behind, or she'd bluff raise. I decided on 2500 and she folded. I still think I like betting, but maybe less is better.

Ansky,

Tilly played ok. She made a number of weak plays, such as overcalling the river twice in spots that were pretty bad. She'd always show her hand at showdown too, even when she didn't have to. But she was aggressive and not a total donk. She got decent value out of a couple hands, and didn't give up pots too easily. She definitely isn't weak tight. She also folded what had to be a straight on the river one hand when the flush got there which seemed pretty strong to me.

Daryn,

This was the only hand we tangled in. I was trying to give an accurate idea of my image and what she had seen me do. I had KJ the hand I raised her flop bet but I'm not sure what the difference is from me having AA there in regards to the hand we're discussing.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check that turn 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't let a female donk that checks down Kings full see a free card here...

bet 1/2 pot...
Old 05-31-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how come nobody says what they had anymore? like in the hand you describe where she limped utg and you raised her flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's irrelevant and all that matters is her action ofc! Huge -EV and oppurtunity cost to write out the 2-3 characters necessary to convey his hand.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs Tilly I check/call the turn and CR the river because she's going broke with any piece

(edit: yes, I know the KK hand, but Tilly's not weak tight, she's more in the "I put you on something that makes no sense so I will make super weird plays for no reason" category)

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree.

Wed May 30 16:06:00 PDT 2007
Jennifer Tilly Busted
Jennifer Tilly raises to $3,000 and John Juanda reraises to $10,000. Tilly makes the call and the flop comes K72. Tilly checks and Juanda bets $15,000. Tilly check raises $20,000 more and Juanda pushes her all in. She tanks, then finally calls with 52. Juanda tables QQ and the next two cards come A6. Tilly fails to improve and is eliminated with 60 minutes left in level eight. John Juanda now has $167,000 in chips. <font color="red"> </font>
Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the jacks full check vs God

[/ QUOTE ]

Story/link please?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA

not a rickroll

[/ QUOTE ]

omg
i'm laughing so hard
i've never busrts o oust lafouyguhboigns o arhd ait's the best thing ever
omgomgomgomgomg

omgomg safeverything si soasssoooooooooo baaad

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahah

the best part is Ivey, Harman, Lindgren all looking around at eachother in disbelief

hilarious
Old 06-01-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vs Tilly I check/call the turn and CR the river because she's going broke with any piece

(edit: yes, I know the KK hand, but Tilly's not weak tight, she's more in the "I put you on something that makes no sense so I will make super weird plays for no reason" category)

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree.

Wed May 30 16:06:00 PDT 2007
Jennifer Tilly Busted
Jennifer Tilly raises to $3,000 and John Juanda reraises to $10,000. Tilly makes the call and the flop comes K72. Tilly checks and Juanda bets $15,000. Tilly check raises $20,000 more and Juanda pushes her all in. She tanks, then finally calls with 52. Juanda tables QQ and the next two cards come A6. Tilly fails to improve and is eliminated with 60 minutes left in level eight. John Juanda now has $167,000 in chips. <font color="red"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
how does this disagree with what Adanthar said
Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 PM

At first I thought that a CRAI would be the play, but I kind of like a weak bet here. Something that seems to convey "hmmm, you called my flop bet but now that ace came and I'm not sure you have one...let's see". Something like 1800 or 2k seems about right. Give her a chance to rep/value bet the ace, then go ahead and get it in. This also at least charges her a little bit if she has an OESD or 4flush.