Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Default 50NL flush draw plus bad gutshot

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $46.10
BB: $88.75
UTG: $99.40
MP: $51.95
Hero (CO): $60.60
BTN: $48.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.25, UTG calls $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($11.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $11.25</font>, UTG folds, Hero???

I think an argument can be made for raising, calling, and folding. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: 50NL flush draw plus bad gutshot

wheres the argument for raising? BB isnt folding anything hes betting in this spot...calling is worrysome because of button behind you, who was the PFR, and this board is likely to have hit. im not willing to play for stacks here so i think i fold
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM

preflop is ugly..
Old 09-17-2007, 11:34 PM

PF is ugly, as shox stated. I think raising PF is definitely best. You isolate the bad limper (I'll assume he's bad because he open limped), you play a raised pot in position with a nice hand. SCs don't play great in multiway pots imo.

I think that shove/fold are your only two options. Calling won't get you paid enough (well maybe) and your hand is faceup. I'm not so sure your Jack outs are all clean either.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Raise preflop 1st time. As played calling the PF raise after the limp is fine, basically intending to hit big or let it go.

I think you have to fold to the flopbet. You have to expect he will bet big on the turn also, and if you didn't hit you'll have to fold. So, you're calling for one street here imo, and not getting enough odds - esp since it's unclear he'll pay off if the flush hits.

Edit: I don't like a raise because it's a semibluff and i don't see enough fold equity here.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 AM

it might look like a good draw at first, but it's really not. you have a low flush draw and a gutshot that gives any ace a better straight. your implied odds are terribly low with this draw and your reverse implied odds are high so calling is terrible. given the weakness of the draw and your poor fold equity shoving seems pretty bad too.

I think it's a clear fold.