Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: the process of de-evolution has begun

KKF,

Just wanted to let you know that I have four children and believe in God. I also have a college education, as does my wife. I took several standardized IQ tests as a child and depending on which one you use my IQ is somewhere between 135 and 139. I'm sure I'm not the only person that fits this profile so there is still hope for civilization. Keep your chin up!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A significant part of IQ has a genetic basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
What studies are you basing this on?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be obvious to anyone who has noticed the difference in intelligence between, for example, a dolphin and a goldfish.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're merely choosing to interpret your experiences a specific way. Very few atheists think theists, or gays etc, DESERVE to be tormented for eternity. huh?

That doesn't seem to you just a bit worse then being childishly cocky because you are brighter/more informed than most of the theists you run into.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

The highlighted portion is what I like to refer to as
"Atheists Misconception #1". Claiming all theists believe such a thing is no different than me claiming "Atheists support child molestation, because they have no morals."

Are there child molestors who are atheists? Of course there are. Is that a blanket statement? No, it's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's funny is theists who say I'm not like those guys. I know those guys are idiots. I mean, they dont really understand the Bible like I do. I mean sure, they can quote passages to support their position, but I just disregard that aspect of it and mold the bible into what I want it to be, ignoring the rest.