Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average wage in London is over £20,000 ($41,000) higher than many parts of the UK at more than £45,000 ($93,000) a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way it's £45k / year

[/ QUOTE ]http://money.aol.co.uk/research-reveals-higher-london-wage/article/20071122105209990002

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected

[/ QUOTE ]ty sir. as i said the rest of the uk is roughly 20k a year average.im just saying if you were a poker "pro" then there are beter places to make your poker earning go furhter, as a poker player you are free to live anywhere you wish within reason.i mean say you moved to prague which is a beautiful city and your earn would eb the same but you would be significantly better off there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Come to sunny (!!!) Aberdeen..

I earned £50k a year in London and paid £1.5k a month in rent, rates,transport etc...

Move up here £120k a year and £800 a month in bills - go figure.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM

i find im the other way abouts from you lucky jimm.. i won $75 on an invite freeroll with a$1k prize pool on stan james. i played 5c 10c nlhe with the winnings. i ran that up to 300. then i got bored of micro stakes, it didnt hold my attention cos the money doesnt mean anything to me so i dont feel i have to play my best.if i had say $10k id play properly and use good br mangement, regognise tilt factors, when to quit sessions ect. i dont mind grinding as long as the money is reasonable. for me that is a meagre $1/$2 nlhe. under that and i find myslef getting disinterested in the games.so for instance when people lend me 50 dollars i invariably takes shots with it or play some donkaments and hope to score bigish ie: zero br management. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as a poker player you are free to live anywhere you wish within reason.i mean say you moved to prague which is a beautiful city and your earn would eb the same but you would be significantly better off there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'd still be broke - DUCY?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM

Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One Eye'D Jimm

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i wasnt sure if i am rly allowed to laugh....but its so nice
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average wage in London is over £20,000 ($41,000) higher than many parts of the UK at more than £45,000 ($93,000) a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way it's £45k / year

[/ QUOTE ]http://money.aol.co.uk/research-reveals-higher-london-wage/article/20071122105209990002

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected

[/ QUOTE ]ty sir. as i said the rest of the uk is roughly 20k a year average.im just saying if you were a poker "pro" then there are beter places to make your poker earning go furhter, as a poker player you are free to live anywhere you wish within reason.i mean say you moved to prague which is a beautiful city and your earn would eb the same but you would be significantly better off there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely true about London not being the best place to live if you're a poker pro, on the other hand if you don't win it does at least mean you can make the money back a lot quicker from a regular job.

I wish Jimm the best of luck, his blog is one of the most entertaining one's I have read.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely true about London not being the best place to live if you're a poker pro, on the other hand if you don't win it does at least mean you can make the money back a lot quicker from a regular job.

I wish Jimm the best of luck, his blog is one of the most entertaining one's I have read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

Yes, I'm getting paid £18/hour for a job which would pay £9/hour anywhere else in the country.

Also I've lived in London for the last eleven years (asides from a few periods busto and back at my parents) so this is where all my friends are. I would never live in another big UK city, there'd be no point. I'd love to live abroad, but I'd have even less of a support network for times I got myself in trouble like now!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about [censored] time

[/ QUOTE ]

1st reply just owns this thread hard
Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM

No, chances are if your discovering a beautiful foriegn city with a stable income, you wouldn't feel the need to gamble on the internet with money you could spend experiencing the world and being independednt and responsible. just my 2c anyway.