Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: bcs championship game??

[ QUOTE ]
Mizzou v WVa if both wins out.
Ohio State gets in if one of them loses.
Georgia in if both lose.
Kansas no chance. They cannot jump Ohio St or Georgia since all three teams are done playing.
VaTech would have to jump three idle teams. I don't think a win over BC can be that impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU would jump Georgia in the human polls if they win the SEC Champ game, especially after all of the lobbying by ESPN. This only happens if OU & Pitt win this weekend.

I can't believe there isn't more lobbying by tOSU for that top spot with the human voters. What a story it would be to see the 'rebuilding' Buckeyes play and win the Nat'l Championship a year after getting their asses handed to them a year before. I suppose that is why they aren't getting the 1st place attention right now anyways, because of last year's game, and people afraid of another team like OU in 2005.

If both Mizzou and WVU win this weekend, we're looking at the least watched championship game in a long time.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

I know some people hate when a team that didn't win it's conference plays in the mnc. Hypothetically if Illinois beat Iowa should OSU not be allowed to play or is a tie good enough? Illinois would have gotten the BCS at large bid in this case.

In this case about the opposite thing happened to Georgia where the team they needed to lose didn't so they are somehow worse? I never really got the argument.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM

FWIW, here's the BCS predictions from collegebcs.com

NC: OSU v. WVU
Orange: Miami v. Georgia
Fiesta: Oklahoma v. Kansas
Rose: USC v. Illinois
Sugar: LSU v. Hawaii
Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM

Tom Collins,

I agree with that. I think each conference should have a relatively similar schedule system.

vhawk,

Actually it isn't results oriented. A team shouldn't be able to "vault" itself into a title game if it didn't earn the title game during conference play while a team is at home and is more deserving before the champ game just like a team that is more deserving before a champ game shouldn't lose out b/c it has to play 1 more tough game while a team sits at home. This isn't results oriented, it is common sense. I am advocating against the Conf Cham game is all, I mean every Big XII coach petitions to the Bix XII commissioner to do away w/ the conf title game after each year b/c it sucks but it brings in money--the only reason the Bix XII introduced the title game was b/c they saw how well the SEC title game did.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Collins,

I agree with that. I think each conference should have a relatively similar schedule system.

vhawk,

Actually it isn't results oriented. A team shouldn't be able to "vault" itself into a title game if it didn't earn the title game during conference play while a team is at home and is more deserving before the champ game just like a team that is more deserving before a champ game shouldn't lose out b/c it has to play 1 more tough game while a team sits at home. This isn't results oriented, it is common sense. I am advocating against the Conf Cham game is all, I mean every Big XII coach petitions to the Bix XII commissioner to do away w/ the conf title game after each year b/c it sucks but it brings in money--the only reason the Bix XII introduced the title game was b/c they saw how well the SEC title game did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont get all the focus on one single game. Its just a conference game. What is inherently unfair about Big 12 teams playing a tougher schedule than Big Ten teams? If tOSU played Michigan a week later and on the same weekend as the conference championship games, would that make it better? The only reason the Big12 teams have a chance to vault or sink is because they have scheduled tougher opponents, albeit they scheduled tougher opponents against their will or whatever.

you can have two Big 12 teams play EACH OTHER in the Fiesta Bowl?
Weird.

I would very much enjoy watching Hawaii get absolutely clobbered in New Orleans. Boise St they ain't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OU v KU is even possible? Huh, when is the last time that happened?

Wait....Miami?!?!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think 3 loss Illinois who lost to Missou, Iowa and Michigan getting an at large over a two loss ASU who lost to Oregon and USC would be wrong. Same goes for 3 loss LSU though that wouldn't be as bad because of how deep the SEC was this year.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA. Move along, nothing to see here.

Also, what semtec said. And I'm pretty sure there is a rule that teams from the same conference can't meet except in the NC game.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

not enough coffee today. my eyes immediately saw OU/KU and LSU/HAW and didn't even look at Miami?

WTF is this?