Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

Mike (the guy who won it) is a Local, and he plays a LOT in the tourney's up there in Blackhawk (and I've played against him many a time up there).

He's a very talented player, someone who really knows his stuff.

I didn't even have to read his name, because as soon as I clicked on the links that were provided, and saw the picture of him, I recognized him right off the bat.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:48 PM

I have played with Paul at the Toad Tavern. He is a classy guy, though he is looking for bigger local tournies.

Would anyone be interested in running a series of SNGs or a ladder for the next event? Or perhaps even just tournament practice with low buy ins, but more serious players? I would run something if there is interest.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Did anyone see how much $ people were getting for their seats up in blackhawk. I know there were a few for sale around 3k on craigs list, but how much did they actually sell for?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 AM

between 2k and 3k. There were actually a few people who PAID 3k for their seats this way.

BTW, I'm right now typing this from a hotel in Deadwood. They have PLUNTY of seats here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got mine for $1,500, a $150 discount, when I bought my seat from someone here.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Well, I'm typing this from my Hotel room, the Comfort Inn, in Deadwood, SD.

The rooms here are VERY nice indeed, and they only cost $60 a night.

There is a shuttle that runs twice an hour that for only a buck will take you down to downtown deadwood to the Lucky Nugget Card club.

Unlike Blackhawk, they don't think this one will be sold out, and they had planned for 400 openings.

I won 2400 bucks in the slot machines last weekend in Blackhawk after I got knocked out of the HPT there, and decided to use that money to come to Deadwood, SD and try my hand at the Deadwood one.

Today I'm playing in Flight B, at 5pm (bought the seat at a $150 discount for a total of $1,500 bucks from someone who had an extra), so please send waves of good Karma my way, that this time I make it to the money.

If anyone else reading this is here in Deadwood, look for the large lady in the LIPSTour gear, 'cause that'll be me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Alas, I didn't get there (again), sigh! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It was a smaller field to boot, and I lost most my chips (just after the break) with pocket jacks, when they ran up against pocket aces.

I had built up my stack from 15k to about 32k, when I lost 25k on that damm hand.

I was still steaming, when donkey me, went all in on flush draw, with my last 7k, out of position no less, and it turned out the person who called me, had gotten trip queens on flop, and I didn't get my last diamond for my flush, and was out.

She had raised preflop on the button, with Queen duce o/s BTW, and I had King/J of diamonds and I called her from the Small Blind position.

I've got one more trip to do next weekend, that's already paid for (buyin included). Between now and then, I'm really trying to figure out what I'm doing that is causing me to self implode.

BTW, for you Denver Locals, Mike the guy who won 1st place in Denver, made it to day 2 in Deadwood.

I'm hoping he's gunna take it down here as well! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

[ QUOTE ]
Paul, (pictured below, is the guy in the tie die shirt, raking in a big pot towards the end of Day 1 (In the hand where he won the chips, he went up against 2 all in players, and he had pocket aces, against A/K o/s and Ace 10 of diamonds, and his aces held up):

who was my horse, made it to day 2, but busted out in 36th place, 6 places shy of the money.

[/ QUOTE ] WOW CRAZY!!! I am the dude in the black with the black hat on the left picking up my stack!! Really odd finding a random picture of yourself on the net...

I managed to squeak in the money (27th) after spending nearly 5 hours on day 2 not picking up a worthwhile hand and pretty much stealing blinds when I could and eeked my way into the money.

Still crazy to see find a random pic of myself on the 2+2!