Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
and thing is with the stud games is that theyre quite simple games. or well, stud high is maybe the limit game which rquires msot skill not sure about that htough but stud 8 and razz are simple braindead games.

and 2-73D is also pretty simple, i think if the online pros actually sat downa nd played those games theyd learn fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spoken like a man who has never played anything but HE. Well, except maybe pass the trash for nickels.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandon raised 78o, Q9s, and another suited connector I saw just from hands they showed which is way less than are actually played. I guess those are premium hands though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interestingly enough, he also did that in the show: Cash Poker (once ultimate poker challenge - the show with the hottest chick)
But it never works out for him..at least he tried.

These guys just need to play more live poker and maybe they would be better. I think Brandon might actually be the better player out of those 2 .
None of them close to the league of Phil Ivey, Helmut, Daniel etc
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact of the matter is that this online nobody was the worst player in the table (live -thats all that counts ) ..
Are you guys calling phil helmut a bad player -- none of you can beat him one on one - not even your 'god' internet player ..

pathetic nobodys ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol stopping by NVG or televised poker every now and then reminds me why the games will never dry up
Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brandon raised 78o, Q9s, and another suited connector I saw just from hands they showed which is way less than are actually played. I guess those are premium hands though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interestingly enough, he also did that in the show: Cash Poker (once ultimate poker challenge - the show with the hottest chick)
But it never works out for him..at least he tried.

These guys just need to play more live poker and maybe they would be better. I think Brandon might actually be the better player out of those 2 .
None of them close to the league of Phil Ivey, Helmut, Daniel etc

[/ QUOTE ]

ban
Old 10-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Brandon Adams has played 500/1000 and 1K 2K NL\PLO I think he's comfortable with nosebleed stakes.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:26 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

No offense, but the superdonks I know who watch this show in my homegame all watch it to see "big names" make "big moves". I agree its retarded that they bumped you, but then again, so is the shows audience so it balances out!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The player came off like a nit because he *was* a nit. According to his own calculations he was only playing 10% of his hands, and only was in the game for about 40 hands. This means he was keeping more than a full rebuy in his pocket when he was only planning to play 4 pots, total, on day 2. A reasonable player would've bought in for the spare $220 and just got up from his seat if he went busto, but was still scheduled for day 3.

And even if raptor lists it as 1200bbs, the fact remains that 1.44 min-buyins is short.

Hopefully you'll learn something from this, but I'm guessing you won't. Nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting ridiculous. He sat down in a game full of people playing INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE--, and played somewhat tightly for a full-ring game (15% is probably about optimal in a normal, aggro game). This game was off-the-charts loose--people cold-calling large pf raises from tight players with J8o, K7o, etc., and he had just sat down against a table full of people he didn't know. On top of that, he had a maximum of two hours to play. People who think he should've been in there mixing it up are clueless at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read the posts beyond this yet so this may have been said already. It looked like JMan came into day 2 expecting it to be the same type of game from previous seasons. It wasn't. We are watching some absolutely awful gambling poker being played and my guess is that a lot of these players had pieces of each other and split the profits afterwards. This makes it very unlikely that a new player can get a reasonable payoff even on his great hands. No way did Hellmuth just grow those pair of balls. They were bought and paid for by Daniel, Jennifer and one or two others. And Eli and Sammy absolutely had each other covered.

edited to add: LOL. I just read the post right after the one I replied to where he said the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but the superdonks I know who watch this show in my homegame all watch it to see "big names" make "big moves". I agree its retarded that they bumped you, but then again, so is the shows audience so it balances out!

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. To add, i think its pretty dumb if people expect the show to serve "the serious pokerplayer" moreso than trying to reach as many viewers as they can. It's commercial television, it's meant to get as many advertisers as possible for the highest price possible.

The only reason why the cashgame- format was chosen in the first place is because more money, more pokercelebs and more action is involved.
That it just happens to please the pokerplayers is great for them as it gives them material to promote it as 'the real thing' and 'the pokerplayers' pokershow'. Nothing more to it.
In that line of reasoning, it becomes quite obvious why Jman got pushed aside, wether he was playing perfect poker or not. He wasn't donking it up plus he was an unknown anyway to the majority of the viewers.

No one should try to dress those actions up with any kind of moral/ethical justification, as the only justification in this case is that it is a clearcut business decision.

I guess most of the posters reason along the same sentiment as the starwarsfans who whine incontrallably when they have to conclude that lucas hadn't been investing hundreds of millions just to satisfy all of their geeky needs.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and thing is with the stud games is that theyre quite simple games. or well, stud high is maybe the limit game which rquires msot skill not sure about that htough but stud 8 and razz are simple braindead games.

and 2-73D is also pretty simple, i think if the online pros actually sat downa nd played those games theyd learn fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spoken like a man who has never played anything but HE. Well, except maybe pass the trash for nickels.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ]lowball is simple
Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Jman could you tell us what its like to be outclassed as badly as you clearly were?