Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB
S. Jackson - KC 10 28.57%
J. Addai - @NE 8 22.86%
M. Morris - Oak 4 11.43%
R. Brown - @Chi 4 11.43%
W. Lundy - @NYG 7 20.00%
R. Droughns - @SD 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

v v v well said. i agree 100% with this. a potential lawsuit does not sound fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I don't know the exact laws but if we can't sue AP then they sure as hell can't sue you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply wrong. Mark Seif can sue personally, and AP could sue, though that might subject them to a countersuit, so they might choose not to. I'll reiterate for the 5th time that including Seif's name in anyway is a bad idea.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, i mean i just don't know what the criteria is for being a "public figure". i mean honestly what percentage of the population has heard of mark seif? 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would likely qualify as a limited public figure for the purposes of this claim. Since he has built a name for himself within a limited area of interest (poker) and the alleged defamation relates to that interest (poker), IMHO.

Now lets get this thread back on track, I vote for the black superusers shirts with the Potripper 363 on the back.

[/ QUOTE ]

this cuts both ways, as professionally disparaging remarks are per se damaging.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

discussion about libel/lawsuits/and other superuser news doesn't belong in this thread
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Order: Apefish's general idea, and a logo version with MunicipalHare's awesome image. Was gonna make another version with the player name SEIF? in block letters but didn't know about the legal thing.

And bubaloo's general idea (MunicipalHares logo) and a textier version.

If anyone wants anything tweaked to print up lemme know.

I just googled customizable jerseys real quick, and the sites I played with only did two digit numbers, dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

just a absolute logo on the breast of these might look better imo.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
discussion about libel/lawsuits/and other superuser news doesn't belong in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that some of the suggestions have been borderline libelous/defamatory, I think it does.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:18 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

Tuesday night at midnight EST we'll lock this thread and start a new one, there will be 3 shirt styles to vote on for the limited production run for the foxwoods WPT event

these shirts will likely have the absolutepokercheats.com address on them somewhere

That gives us 22 days to turn the final design into something a company can print, the shirts can be delivered straight to foxwoods and handed out

I'm going to need help if this is going to happen though, i don't know anything about getting tshirts made.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 AM

I strongly agree with everything apefish said, and with fatalerror's concept. I no longer think linking the website on the shirt is the way to go, and am a big fan of the business card method. However, I feel superuser will strike more interest then potripper and should be done on the back. We really need to contact a shirt design company fairly quickly. Having done this before for my fraternity, I can assure you it isn't actually TOO expensive of an endeavor. Also, I feel by far the most damning piece of evidence plus one that people will respond easiest to is the pxfactor, and the card should DEFINITELY have the link to the pxfactor HH.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the power of 2p2 in the pokerworld seizes to amaze me whenever i read 'statements' like these.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it mean when something seizes to amaze you?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i actually don't really know and was wondering wether this was good english (i'm not) but i thought it meant that it keeps amazing me wich come to think of it would be the more obvious choice [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As soon as you stick Absolute Poker in any form on a shirt I think it gets confusing, not to mention various legal issues I have no opinion/training on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't Absolute Poker, an entity based outside the United States and operating in violation of U.S. law, have a fairly difficult time suing a bunch of ppl making t-shirts in the US without opening themselves up for litigation? Or could Osama bin Laden go ahead and sue the U.S. (sending counsel on his behalf or whatever) for something?

Honest question, I'm not just trying to make a point or anything.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 AM

Goofy

The last part was an honest "I have no opinion but I think it's something to think about" thing.

It's also much more applicable in the context I said it in- which is "anything beyond the basics steps out into the unknown a bit", which is how I feel about it.

Whether or not anyone thinks any particular lawsuit would be a realistic or likely response is mostly beyond what I was trying to say.

Based on replies from at least one poster in this thread and my own personal experiences around the legal system I was just advocating a less directly confrontational route that would still get the intended message out the way people want without leaving it open to possible backlash.

I cannot answer your precise question. I don't know.
I do think the answer to it isn't something any decision has to hinge on.

-apefish
Closed Thread