Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Both NL and Limit stats: can anyone help?

I don't know wether this is the appropiate forum, but i'm trying to use PokerEV, and don't know what conclusions can be drawn from my graphs. I play both Limit, NL and lately a lot of limit again. I don't play that much so my entire database consists of only 60k hands. Now my limit graph really seems to suck, wich i see as my best game 'overall', and my NL-graph ain't great either wich i find to be my best game IF i can play at my best focus. I don't think any hard conclusions can be drawn from just 60k of hands, but still any input or thoughts are appreciated....

first LIMIT (graph)

LIMIT-stats

then NL-graph

NL-stats

If additional info is needed, please state and ill add it later. Any help appreciated, thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Both NL and Limit stats: can anyone help?

It's difficult to read these things without having any knowledge of your game, but I'll try:
You lose an enormous amount of money on hands not going to showdown, so it looks like you are (1) folding a lot of winners/best hands and/ or (2) unable to push other people of hands.

Also, your Sklansky graph is very positive: from this graph you look like a weak-tight fit or fold type.

Furthermore, the ratio of $/BB differs a lot between the various lines, so it looks like there are a few small shots at a higher level that distort the $ view.

I've only used the PokerEV software for NL, and in my graph, the green line was a lot above the red and blue lines -- purely the result of picking up a lot of blind steals and small pots on continuation bets I think, plus some successful bluffing.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's difficult to read these things without having any knowledge of your game, but I'll try:
You lose an enormous amount of money on hands not going to showdown, so it looks like you are (1) folding a lot of winners/best hands and/ or (2) unable to push other people of hands.

Also, your Sklansky graph is very positive: from this graph you look like a weak-tight fit or fold type.

Furthermore, the ratio of $/BB differs a lot between the various lines, so it looks like there are a few small shots at a higher level that distort the $ view.

I've only used the PokerEV software for NL, and in my graph, the green line was a lot above the red and blue lines -- purely the result of picking up a lot of blind steals and small pots on continuation bets I think, plus some successful bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for your reply [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Are there any PT-stats i could accomadate this post with that would shed some more light on the possible leaks you state?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM

I think the standard set would help some:
* VPIP/PFR/AF by street (also, maybe, fold to bet percentages)
* WtSD/W$SD plus Won $ When Saw Flop (W$WSF)

These figures might disprove my guesses, or it may strengthen the proof.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the standard set would help some:
* VPIP/PFR/AF by street (also, maybe, fold to bet percentages)
* WtSD/W$SD plus Won $ When Saw Flop (W$WSF)

These figures might disprove my guesses, or it may strengthen the proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, just to make sure there is all there is needed, i give you the complete detailed stats. I filtered on > or equal than 4 players, and less than 4 players, to not have any sketched numbers because of a lot of 3-handed play. So check em out,

> OR EQUAL THAN 4:

< THAN 4

thanks for the help so far,

edit: these are limit stats, i'll just leave the NLpart for now...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Hmm, that looks normal enough, certainly disproves my earlier conclusion. I'll have to let PokerEV make a graph of my limit hands to see how it comes out.
WtSD/W$SD looks more like it's too high actually, though this may well be OK in very aggressive short-handed limit games.

For NL, your W$WSF should be close to 50% as well, I think, with WtSD/W$SD nearish 20-25/45-55 (this is educated guesswork mostly, I have had W%SD of 40% at some massive winning sessions.

I also vaguely recall Phil (PokerEV software author) saying something about it not being very useful for limit, but I don't recall why.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, that looks normal enough, certainly disproves my earlier conclusion. I'll have to let PokerEV make a graph of my limit hands to see how it comes out.
WtSD/W$SD looks more like it's too high actually, though this may well be OK in very aggressive short-handed limit games.

For NL, your W$WSF should be close to 50% as well, I think, with WtSD/W$SD nearish 20-25/45-55 (this is educated guesswork mostly, I have had W%SD of 40% at some massive winning sessions.

I also vaguely recall Phil (PokerEV software author) saying something about it not being very useful for limit, but I don't recall why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay bedankt [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] (zag je lokatie eerder niet)

Still if you or anyone else can hypothesise some leaks based on the data above, i'd really like to hear it. Sure, i can see how variance can still play a big part in a sample size of 60k hands but it feels like wishful thinking when i say that. When i analyse my session, i find a good amount of mistakes, but overall i have the feeling i have developed a pretty decent style for the low-midstakes i play. I guess im a bit clueless by now, and my 370BB-downswing isn't helping either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM

pokerev sucks and is useless for evaluating your play.

unless you shortstack.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pokerev sucks and is useless for evaluating your play.

unless you shortstack.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi victor,

mind to comment on my pt-stats then? I know you are quite the succesful limitplayer from these forums, so i'd very much appreciate any feedback...

ps. about pokerEV, fair enough i don't know much about the program yet. However, can you tell me in what way the red and the blue line are applicable. I was told they somewhat give you an answer to wether you are running bad or good. Nothing more, nothing less ; true? thanks in advance,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Default *shameless bump*

anybody? could really need use some insight from people knowing this PT-analysis stuff a lot better than me.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]