Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Default 1000NL, I hit a set on a possible flush turn, deep.

Villain is 28/12/2.8 5K hands, no special reads.
My image was a bit loose/agressive, I hit several good hands before, but won without showdown. But I think villain perfectly knows my stats 21/15/3, if he uses PT of course [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,005.00
BB: $948.83
UTG: $3,474.50
Hero (MP): $2,438.00
CO: $2,253.50
BTN: $1,451.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $10.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $45.00</font>, CO calls $45.00, BTN calls $45.00, SB folds, BB calls $35.00, UTG calls $35.00

Flop: ($230) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $200.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $400.00</font>, Hero calls $200.00

Turn: ($1030) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $800.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $1,993.00</font>.

Two important questions:

1) flop. Do you ever fold here?
I think my hand is quite transparent, I raised pf, and bet on flop, having 4 players in the game. So, I at least have a pair of jacks, anyway he minraised me. I cannot shove here, cause we are deep and I cannot fold to a minraise having an overpair, so I called in order to revaluate on turn, although I think I am behind here 80% of time. Is it a leak?

2) turn.

I was ready to go bust on this turn. If he has a flush, I will loose all my money anyway. I dont really think he may have a single diamond here often (during a game, I thought he was able to have a diamond).

Will you raise here and why? What is the chance villain may fold a set here?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: 1000NL, I hit a set on a possible flush turn, deep.

flop depends a lot on the villian, there are LOTS of people against whom the flop is a fold, and seeing as how you've played 5k hands with said villian you should be able to evaluate that. against an unknown though, i'd probably call in case he's doing something stupid with KJ. turn plays itself obv
Old 08-28-2007, 12:17 AM

I think your flop bet is a bit big. I think it's also a fold to the minraise. Turn looks fine, if you're beat it's probably by AdJd but I think he plays a set this way too.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 AM

I think everything was fine.

Flop: Even if folding to a minraise is the correct move against this villain(and I don't think it is), making these folds routinely would give you a very weak/tight image which could cause problems against tough opponents.

Turn: Completely fine, his range is more likely to be a set than a flush.

It is unikely that the villain is folding a set considering he is getting 3-1, and AdQ as well as overpairs with a Diamond are probably in your range.

Oh and by the way, I'm from Odessa.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Even if folding to a minraise is the correct move against this villain(and I don't think it is), making these folds routinely would give you a very weak/tight image which could cause problems against tough opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is really completely a non-issue
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 AM

It looks fine to me. I expect to him to have a lower set more often that he has a flush here. I don't recall the last time I saw someone minraise the flop here with a fd.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 AM

why in the world would you put him on a flush here? UTG raiser checked/minrased the field. He has a monster on the flop, not a draw. He has JJ alot of the time. Smaller sets the rest of the time. Big draw &lt; 5%
Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why in the world would you put him on a flush here? UTG raiser checked/minrased the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he waited till everyone else got out of the way before putting in any money on the flop. still though, he has to give op respect for betting pot into the big field.

since villan is doing this oop, i really don't see him slowing down at all. and i really hate calling the flop, then folding on a later street. so i dunno, i think its a fold.

turn: super easy decision