Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Old deep hand versus Krantz

Earlier in the session (but on another table), he had been very aggressive and re-raising me very light, including all-stars like 87o. Also, we had a hand where the pot was re-raised preflop, the flop came 7 high, and I cleverly min-raised 99 on the flop to induce a shove. His AA held up.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$5/$10 Blinds
5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Claim Ur Sugar: $975.00
noluck17: $1,028.50
pr1nnyraid: $3,032.70
Hero: $2,381.15
hustleholik: $1,013.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">pr1nnyraid raises to $35.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $120.00</font>, hustleholik folds, Claim Ur Sugar folds, noluck17 folds, pr1nnyraid calls $85.00

Flop: ($255) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
pr1nnyraid checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $153.00</font>, <font color="red">pr1nnyraid raises to $600.00</font>, Hero calls $447.00

Turn: ($1455) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">pr1nnyraid bets all-in for $2,312.70</font>, $1,661.15 for Hero to call...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Old deep hand versus Krantz

Seems like a pretty clear call, all thats beating you is trip 4's (unlikely), TT (only 3 combos of it) and a lucky 66 that got there, but theres tons of draws he could have, and he could be doing this with KK or something too.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he had been very aggressive and re-raising me very light, including all-stars like 87o.

[/ QUOTE ]

well how often had you been reraising him preflop? thats a lot more important for this hand.

anyway, i like three-betting the flop big. i think your hand gets really obvious with a call. at least if you three-bet he can't rule out a bluff with a couple angry overcards or a couple spades.

you call the flop, your range is so tiny.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 AM

I really can't find a fold here against an aggro opponent....
He has a smaller overpair a lot here, and a fd enough to make this call mandatory I guess.
Anyway would like to hear other opinions, maybe I'm missing something.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 AM

call with fist pump
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 AM

this is so standard.. move to bbv
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he had been very aggressive and re-raising me very light, including all-stars like 87o.

[/ QUOTE ]

well how often had you been reraising him preflop? thats a lot more important for this hand.

anyway, i like three-betting the flop big. i think your hand gets really obvious with a call. at least if you three-bet he can't rule out a bluff with a couple angry overcards or a couple spades.

you call the flop, your range is so tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Although I don't think this is as clear cut as some may think, I'm still leaning towards a call. With stacks this deep, a four may not be out of his range but I'm unconvinced as to whether he would play a hand with so much deceptive value that fast. Now, I'm aware that the genius of a player like Krantz lies within unorthodox plays such as this but its the turn bet that leaves me unconvinced. If he really did have a four or a hand like 10 10, I don't understand why he would jam and let an overpair get away so easily. The strength of your hand is obvious, so why would he not make a smaller bet to induce a call on the river for the rest of your stack? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 AM

Holy jesus double fist pump callcallcallcallcall!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so standard.. move to bbv

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny you should say that.

This was a bit of a metagame post. I didn't want to just post hands in MSNL where I lose all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I timed way down, and it was really hard for me to call off 230bb with one pair, particularly since we were deep enough that I thought he might come along preflop with A4s/45s. Also, I assumed he would never be spewy enough to have QQ or KsQs here (and AsKs is impossible). But I was lucky and he did have KK.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:57 AM

during that time down, did your magical spidey sense cooler radar become active?