Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Need: Program that enables internet surfing at work without detection?

Could someone please point me in the correct direction? What is the program called that enables internet surfing at work? I believe it somehow connects to your home computer, where all activity then originates from. Sorry if this is a vague description. I am unaware of the technical terms. Thank you.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Need: Program that enables internet surfing at work without detect

Well, you could run a proxy server on your home computer and then tunnel your traffic through it, but that is probably a little too advanced for you.

You can try LogMeIn.com (free edition) and this allows you to remotely control your PC. And in your case, surf the internet from home. But some employers might block logmein, so this might not be an option.

You can try going to http://www.torrify.com/ and downloading their free client which installs on a thumb drive and then can be run on any PC. It will run its own instance of a browser and tunnel all its traffic through an onion router.

You can also try online cgi proxies, but they might also be blocked by your employer.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Use google's translation service - but translate from english to english. Most bosses haven't caught on.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/h/4807
Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use google's translation service - but translate from english to english. Most bosses haven't caught on.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/h/4807

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW that is amazing. great find.

google is the [censored] [censored]. another example of their awesomeness is using the internet on your phone. some sites aren't WAP compliant so it's a pain in the ass. well, if you go to the site through google, google automatically formats it to fit your device.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:42 PM

http://www.anonymizer.com/

I've never really used this - but people I know have. Supposedly you go to that website - and then can surf as you wish from their. Your boss will only be able to see that you've been on anonymizer.com all day - not the other "questionable" sites that you may choose to visit.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.anonymizer.com/

I've never really used this - but people I know have. Supposedly you go to that website - and then can surf as you wish from their. Your boss will only be able to see that you've been on anonymizer.com all day - not the other "questionable" sites that you may choose to visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your simply looking to bypass web filters this as well as Google trick will probably work. But, if anyone actually looks at the activity logs, both of these look very suspicious. The Google one will even list the site you are visiting in the URL.

The point is, I wouldn't do either if you value your employment and are trying this at work.

FWIW - I am the person in charge of this stuff at the company I work for.

EDIT: To add that logmein.com would look the least suspicious and really wouldn't be breaking any policies if that site is not blocked.

Part of the reason certain types of sites are blocked is to prevent malicious software from entering the network as well a prevent litigation. I care about the first part, not how you spend your time. If you want to look at big titties from your home PC through logmein.com, have at it.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:16 PM

I have been using anonymouse.org recently to try and browse the poker forums (somehow 2+2 isnt blocked but CR and p5s is). Anyway, my problem is that when I go to CR, for example, I cannot log in so I cant view the forums or the videos....is there a way around that so that I can login while using the anonymouse site?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:45 PM

go to proxy.org and select one of the webproxies from the list.