Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Default The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

1. The feds knew about airplane hijack threats but chose to do nothing.

2. Although Oswald was a lone shooter, he was connected to a "network" (possibly Cuban) that somehow motivated the crime. Historical trivia point: Patriarch Treesong was a staff attorney on the Warren Commission and was routinely accused of being part of the coverup. I now own a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle that family lore says the Warren Commission used as an exemplar rifle to test the difficulty of the shot from the Texas School Book Depository building.

3. The press articulated the race of the VT shooter in order to discredit China.

Gobbomom, please correct my articulations of these because I'm waaaaaaaaaay too tired right now to go back and check your positions on each one; rather, I'm posting from recollection.

Discuss. NO flaming on Clan Gobbo, please.

My views:

Oswald was a lone shooter.

Yes, various people in the federal government and elsewhere were aware that jet planes could be hijacked and flown in to large buildings, but that threat was one among very many and the failure to react to it is a general reflection of the general incompetence of government rather than any conspiracy to permit an attack.

I didn't follow much of the VT coverage and so can't say.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

The most obvious problem is

[ QUOTE ]

3. The press articulated the race of the VT shooter in order to discredit China.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the guy not being Chinese a problem with this theory? Could they have said he was Norwegian to discredit Sweden?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 PM

20 bucks says the REAL first person to land on the moon was mongolian.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

I've almost lost a couple friends over the 9/11 conspiracy theories when they wouldn't stop pestering me what I thought about it. I get bothered pretty quick if I start to think about all the wasted effort pored into those things. Effort that could be used to discredit the current administration over REAL, ACTUAL, FACTUAL issues. If I was Karl Rove I would be fueling every 9/11 conspiracy theory every chance I got. And of course being professional politicians, no doubt they were figuring out how to milk every possible advantage out of 9/11 before the 2nd tower hit the ground.

Oswald is tougher. I used to be kind of a Kennedy assassination buff and I've read a bunch of books on each side. I don't believe there was another shooter. But if you look at the other assassinations in that time, it's just so hard to believe there's no unifying thread. Did JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcom X really just all happen out of the blue? Thoughts?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've almost lost a couple friends over the 9/11 conspiracy theories when they wouldn't stop pestering me what I thought about it. I get bothered pretty quick if I start to think about all the wasted effort pored into those things. Effort that could be used to discredit the current administration over REAL, ACTUAL, FACTUAL issues. If I was Karl Rove I would be fueling every 9/11 conspiracy theory every chance I got. And of course being professional politicians, no doubt they were figuring out how to milk every possible advantage out of 9/11 before the 2nd tower hit the ground.

Oswald is tougher. I used to be kind of a Kennedy assassination buff and I've read a bunch of books on each side. I don't believe there was another shooter. But if you look at the other assassinations in that time, it's just so hard to believe there's no unifying thread. Did JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcom X really just all happen out of the blue? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, why all of a sudden has assasinating civil/american leaders gone "out of style"?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The most obvious problem is

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the guy not being Chinese a problem with this theory? Could they have said he was Norwegian to discredit Sweden?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly, not it's not and yes they could. Most of the American public is pretty dumb.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcom X really just all happen out of the blue? Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

The weird thing isn't the series of assassinations. The weird thing is that it stopped.

Also, 429truth.com.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And of course being professional politicians, no doubt they were figuring out how to milk every possible advantage out of 9/11 before the 2nd tower hit the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Forget about organizing the relief effort and stopping other planes and figuring out who did this and how to retaliate, etc. Everyone was focusing on an election that wouldn't happen for 3 more years.

Brilliant analysis.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And of course being professional politicians, no doubt they were figuring out how to milk every possible advantage out of 9/11 before the 2nd tower hit the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Forget about organizing the relief effort and stopping other planes and figuring out who did this and how to retaliate, etc. Everyone was focusing on an election that wouldn't happen for 3 more years.

Brilliant analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really love the logic that the bush administration is a bunch of ignorant boobs, and yet, they somehow are evil-master-plan geniuses.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 PM

Yeah we've seen how well this administration executes relief efforts in a timely and caring manner.