Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna go with less. This way the sane people can shoot back at the crazy ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, only sane people will carry guns if u allow them to, and
will only use them to protect themselves. There's also place
called laalaa land.

[/ QUOTE ]

A topic for another thread obviously, but MAD is a pretty sound theory (see: Switzerland).

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

mutually assured destruction requires a rational, thinking opponent as one of its assumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, a topic for another thread, but you're correct. (Macabre warning) Those "irrationals" will be weeded out fairly quickly.

Cody
Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 PM

rubbrband,
the increase in gun accidents and the encouragement of violence and vigilante justice that is involved in encouraging people, especially somewhere like a university that determines societal direction, to carry a weapon far outweighs the benefits of it. We have trained citizens in the police force that do a very good job of keeping the order all things considered.
It is one of those situations where each of us individually thinks ourselves capable of carrying a gun and using it with the utmost discretion but this just isn't so.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 PM

Dude I am quoting Barret he is a VT student and would know better than either of us. Your statement that it is impossible and is due to my ignorance is ignorant of yourself DUCY?

Hello irony
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I am quoting Barret he is a VT student and would know better than either of us. Your statement that it is impossible and is due to my ignorance is ignorant of yourself DUCY?

Hello irony

[/ QUOTE ]

since barret can't defend himself,

LEARN TO [censored] READ DOUCHEBAG, BARRETT DID NOT REPORT THIS QUOTE!

poster ipot posted the quote, barret quoted it and clearly stated he did not believe it to be true. jesus, where is your head man? don't drink and try to make serious posts.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hello irony

[/ QUOTE ]

He was quoting first someone else, that is obvious rumor, there is no link to that claim. And its obvious why theres no link that claim.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM

Also, this incident was not a serial killing and don't make it out like police knew some deranged mental running around campus killing people and willingly neglected to do anything about it. This is so wrong and far from the truth.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rubbrband,
the increase in gun accidents and the encouragement of violence and vigilante justice that is involved in encouraging people, especially somewhere like a university that determines societal direction, to carry a weapon far outweighs the benefits of it. We have trained citizens in the police force that do a very good job of keeping the order all things considered.
It is one of those situations where each of us individually thinks ourselves capable of carrying a gun and using it with the utmost discretion but this just isn't so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not totally serious about the gun thing like I said "I wouldn't carry one." Defending yourself vs someone trying to kill you isn't vigilante justice LDO.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 AM

Eyewitness accounts here and here.

Sympathies to all affected. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this incident was not a serial killing and don't make it out like police knew some deranged mental running around campus killing people and willingly neglected to do anything about it. This is so wrong and far from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I could tell he killed/shot multiple people in the dorms and then 2 hrs later, after chaining the doors locked, he started killing people in the engineering building. Multiple people killed/shot seems like a good reason to shut down campus when you don't know were the killer is.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
R.I.P. Reema Samaha - 4/16/07

[/ QUOTE ]

Links here and here.