Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Hollywood Poker botched promotion, THEN MAKES GOOD!

Hollywood Poker is currently running a promotion on the weekends called "Flush Frenzy". Here is the text from their web site:

----------
Hollywood Poker's Top Set Pay Day and Quad Aces & Faces promotions run Mondays and Wednesdays and players have been striking it lucky, catching hands and getting richer! Now, Hollywood Poker is adding yet another great promotion to its table game lineup with the addition of Flush Frenzy!. Catch a Flush on the Weekend to win huge at Hollywood Poker's Cash games! Between Saturday at 7am EST and Sunday night at 11.59pm EST, you can win by landing a flush!

Catch an Ace high Flush and you'll win 5x the Big Blind, up to $100!
A Straight Flush will land you 50x the Big Blind, up to a massive $1000!
Get a Royal Flush and you're laughing. It's 150x the Big Blind, up to an unbelievable $5000!
It all starts this weekend! Take a seat in any Hold'Em game, land a flush and reap the reward. It's that simple and it's only at Hollywood Poker!
----------

Sounds great, doesn't it? You'd think there'd be some kind of hole card requirement, but there is no mention of any such thing anywhere on their website. That seemed odd, so two weeks ago I asked their lobby support specifically about hole card requirements, and was told there weren't any.

So the first weekend I claimed 2 bonuses, and was paid for them without problems. This past weekend I made 3 claims, 1 was paid and 2 were denied. I was told that for the Ace-high flush, you had to have TWO spades in your own hand, AND the Ace had to be one of them. I pointed out to them that they don't mention that anywhere in the email they sent out, nor on their website. They have admitted their error, but steadfastly refuse to pay the $20 I am owed. Instead, they have given me a "a free $10+$1 Michael Woods Celebrity Invitational tournament ticket".

I have all of the emails we have sent back and forth, and would be happy to post them is anybody wants me to, but it will be quite long!

Wasn't there an OnGame ombudsman that was posting here? For the life of me, I can't find any of their posts now.