Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 AM

Default A new take on \"change the dealer\"

A little backstory. There's a woman who plays at Commerce a lot. She's on a first-name basis with every floorperson, waiter, chip runner, and porter in the lower and middle sections. She's not super obnoxious, even a little charming at times, but she's obviously wealthy and is used to getting her way. She frequently asks the floorpeople to do things for her that I'd feel funny about, since it's obviously not part of their job, without batting an eyelash. (Sorry, can't think of examples right now.)

So anyway, this woman sits down at the table and immediately tells the dealer she wants a big scramble, accompanied by the universal Mr Miagi wax-on-wax-off, two handed gesture. I thought it was a bit funny because usually someone asks for a Big Scramble when they haven't won a hand in a while, but it's not time for a setup, so they need to do something to change the cards. She asks for it before she has been dealt a hand. (At Commerce they have shuffle machines and only allow deck changes at the top of the hour.)

Three hands later she asks for a setup. You can only get a setup within ten minutes of the top of the hour. It's currently 13 minutes til, and the dealer says, "It's a little early for a setup." She responds, "It's OK, the floorman will bring it." He does.

So now she's been at the table for an entire orbit and hasn't won a hand yet. She mucks her cards a little hard and one of them almost goes off the table. The dealer doesn't say anything, but apparently gives her a look. She says, "Did it go off the table?" to which the dealer responds, "be careful." She says, "When it goes off the table I'll be careful."

A couple of hands later she asks for an out button and stays at the table. Then she goes over to the floorman, who is right next to the table and says, "Can you get the dealer a push?" The floorman doesn't ask why, but immediately says something into his radio, then comes over and asks the dealer if she just sat down. It's probably been ten minutes since she pushed in. A couple of hands later she gets pushed out.