Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Default NLCASH $10 pair and overcard A on the flop

This was a hand fairly early in our HU match. Villian seemed quite aggressive but, unlike most NL10 HU cash players, at least somewhat decent.

Is my raise on the flop too aggressive? Should I fold with a pair and an A?

(This is one of my first HU sessions ever and also my first post in this forum.)

EverestPoker Game #1609631058: Table Tirana-16 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:41:35 - 2007/06/01
Seat 1: Hero ($11.35)
Seat 2: Villian ($12.50)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero (Button) [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="red">Villian raises to $1.05</font>, Hero calls $0.70.

*** FLOP *** ($2.10) [7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">Villian bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Villian raises to $11.45</font> and is all-in, Hero calls $5.30 and is all-in.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: NLCASH $10 pair and overcard A on the flop

hoping he had 6sXs or 6x4x?

- where do they have NL10 HU anyway?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 PM

It doesn't appear to be a HU table, just 2 players sitting at a FR game or something. And it says Everest Poker on the HH.

Probably not a good hand to call with the 3-bet.

I doubt you have more than 5 outs as played, and I would probably fold flop if I had called. You're looking at a PP too often here to be anywhere near profitable if the player is decent.

What kind of a PF 3-bet range does he have and is the lead here standard for him?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:33 PM

I agree. unless 3 betting PF is his standard line, I'm mucking A4 here preflop. Your a 3-1 dog most of the time, either if he has PP, or if he has you dominated with a higher Ace.

On the flop, I'm folding. He's repping an overpair here most of the time, or 2 overs with a flush draw, in which case you're still behind. I fold bottom pair here, even with the Ace. This would be a much tougher spot if you had A7, but with A4 here, I'm almost insta-folding to his raise on the flop. I don't even think it's close.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 AM

It looks like an easy fold pre flop to the RR against a pretty much unknown. The flop looks like spew what do you figure to be beating?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:00 AM

Thanks. He was 3betting a lot pre-flop (as was I) and I too optimistically thought a big part of his range was a flush draw as well as overcards.

Everest has HU tables starting at NL10. Rake is brutal, though. I beat him out of the $10 I lost during the following 100 hands but in the process lost it all to the rake and was still down $10. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]