Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 03:16 AM

Default Every Los Angeles Card Club needs...

...the Sigalert real time traffic map available to customers. Best place might be the concierge's desk but if this wasn't feasible the map could be displayed or rotated on one of the clubs LCD TV screens (along with stock quotes, sports scores and so on).

The Sigalert site is the last thing I check before leaving the house and doing so has saved me lots of time over the years. If I could check it before I leave the club I may even stay longer now and then and still save time by avoiding the late night freeway closures and everyday jams. Of course I'd probably go on a reverse heater in doing so [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

PS Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be more freeway or lane closures late at night lately, especially going south from the Commerce?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Every Los Angeles Card Club needs...

Rick,

I agree,

but all I can say is that living in Vegas and being 5 miles from a cardroom (and it actually only takes 5 minutes)...is worlds different than my drives from Encino to the Bicycle or Hustler.

LA traffic is fuct, even a drive from downtown can be upwards of 30 minutes (7-9 miles to bike) due to 710 nightmare and 5 s/b gridlock
Old 05-22-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but all I can say is that living in Vegas and being 5 miles from a cardroom (and it actually only takes 5 minutes)...is worlds different than my drives from Encino to the Bicycle or Hustler.

LA traffic is fuct, even a drive from downtown can be upwards of 30 minutes (7-9 miles to bike) due to 710 nightmare and 5 s/b gridlock

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't it take 30 minutes to walk from the parking garage to the cardroom? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 05-22-2006, 01:19 PM

Every Sat. 5 south in the early AM - down to 1 lane. Ouch. At least at that time I am headed back to the Val. after the 1 1/2 hr, Fri. afternoon crawl to Commerce in the first place.

I know the info. booth at the Bike can go online for you. They'll run Mapquest for people who need directions. Maybe the info. booth at Commerce can get online too, and can check out the traffic online before we leave? Good idea.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't it take 30 minutes to walk from the parking garage to the cardroom? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

meh...valet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the info. booth at the Bike can go online for you. They'll run Mapquest for people who need directions. Maybe the info. booth at Commerce can get online too, and can check out the traffic online before we leave? Good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Bike can get Mapquest I wonder why I had a hard time getting Sigalert per request. I've already tried the Commerce, they couldn't do it.

For now I probably need to call or look up Caltrans regarding times of freeway and lane closures.

~ Rick