Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Too hard to sign up for WSOP events?

This is my first post here, thought I would come to ask about signups for the WSOP events. I am looking to play Event 44, Limit Omaha 8. I tried the pre registration, that did not work right. I called the number they sent me for help, just get a machine and no calls back. I read horror stories about people waiting in line 7 hours to register for these events too.

I get down there on June 26, the event is June 27th. Do I need to try to sign up on the 26th or show up at 2AM on the 27th to actually make it in time for the event? Someone please tell me they were able to sign up for one of these events without having to spend an entire day doing it.

Thanks.
Bo
Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Too hard to sign up for WSOP events?

If you sign up a day ahead of time you can sign-up at the pre-registration windows which have (generally) very short lines. I was there around 3PM Saturday and there was no wait at all. It took me all of 3 minutes.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 PM

I'm kind of confused as to how the lines so quickly went from being a 4+ hour wait to being virtually non-existent.

Certainly there are still players there signing-up for events.

Did Harrah's just get their act together a bit better or what?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you sign up a day ahead of time you can sign-up at the pre-registration windows which have (generally) very short lines. I was there around 3PM Saturday and there was no wait at all. It took me all of 3 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get in on the 26th, I may go straight to the Rio from the airport in that case.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of confused as to how the lines so quickly went from being a 4+ hour wait to being virtually non-existent.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is they got a LOT better. There were nearly 3000 entries for the $1500 event this weekend. There was a line shortly before it started, but it didn't look too bad.

Speaking of sign-up abnormalities, I don't know why everyone seems to wait till the last minute to sign up for the Venetian DS. I got in line 10 minutes before the start of a $540. When I got to the desk they told me they had 318 entries. Considering I'd have to spend the entire day till 2 a.m. to make the FT, I didn't think it was worth it, and didn't enter. By the time it started, there was a huge line for signup. I didn't want to get back in line and miss 30 or 40 minutes of the first level. It turns out they had 485 entries and first prize of $72,000.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I get in on the 26th, I may go straight to the Rio from the airport in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I plan on doing when I go in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is they got a LOT better. There were nearly 3000 entries for the $1500 event this weekend. There was a line shortly before it started, but it didn't look too bad.

Speaking of sign-up abnormalities, I don't know why everyone seems to wait till the last minute to sign up for the Venetian DS. I got in line 10 minutes before the start of a $540. When I got to the desk they told me they had 318 entries. Considering I'd have to spend the entire day till 2 a.m. to make the FT, I didn't think it was worth it, and didn't enter. By the time it started, there was a huge line for signup. I didn't want to get back in line and miss 30 or 40 minutes of the first level. It turns out they had 485 entries and first prize of $72,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Thursday they had 562 entries into the $540 and paid $84K for 1st (although a deal was struck when it got to 6 handed). The structure is very nice for a low buy in event.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:32 PM

I have am having a tough time registering for the ME. I am trying to use the WSOP website and I am having problems. When I call the Rio, no one seems to know who can help me. The number on the WSOP website is just an anwsering machine so I left a msg. Boooo
Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 PM

So are the reg windows open 24/7 now that the series is running... or only 0800-2200 or something like that?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 PM

Returned yesterday. There are virtually no lines if you register at any off hour. So long as you do not show up 2 hours before the event u want to play AND its a 1500 buyin AND its a weekend - u should not have trouble