Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Is There a (Poker) Doctor in the House?

I need help, and fast! My game's very sick and I need a cure. There are many aspects to my game that I need to fix, but the main thing that concerns me right now is that I have an alarming tendency to win many small pots and lose a few big ones that wipe out all the good I'm doing. If that's the microcosm of my game, then the macrocosm is that I tend to have many small winning sessions, and then a few big losing ones that put me in the red.

I play mostly NLH 6-max, with what should be a small-ball style. I'm mostly TAG, but play a wide range of hands and play position and players more than the cards. I see the flop over 1/3 of the time and follow up my PFRs (almost always 3xBB if I'm openraising) with c-bets (usually 2/3 pot) most of the time. I'm aggressive most of the time, winning small pots uncontested, and show occasionally that I can bluff (whether it works or not).

I've noticed that I rarely get involved in big pots, yet I often see huge pots around me every time I play. In all the sessions I've played, I think I've only doubled up once. However, I've been stacked several times. I can at least say that they've always been because of either coolers or cold-decks (KK vs AA, Aces cracked, top two vs set, suckouts etc…).

Since it's hard to get an analysis "over the phone" and I don't have PT stats, I can at least provide some numbers, even if they aren't the best indicators:

Hands: 3203
Flops: 1126 (35%)
Turn: 388 (12%)
River: 265 (8%)

Won PF: 128 (3%)
Won Flop: 134 (4%)
Won Turn: 94 (3%)
Won River: 53 (1.7%)
Won Showdown: 136 (4%)
Hands Won: 545 (17%)

Are these numbers useful? If so, how do they look upon close examination? Does anyone have comparable stats that I can compare to?

What can I do to improve my results? Any help would be greatly appreciated. When you're sick, all you want to do is get better…
Old 10-06-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Is There a (Poker) Doctor in the House?

3.000 hands ??

You are new and perhaps don't know better, but that is wayyyyyy to small to draw ANY conclusions, come back when you've logged at LEAST 25.000 hands

Post hands, reply to some hands, get involved in the generel discussion and have fun ... welcome to the forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Is There a (Poker) Doctor in the House?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12309400
Closed Thread