Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Default DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids, Mi

Does anyone know anything about the games at the Deltaplex? I know they run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday until 2 AM but I don't know what limits they offer or how good the games are.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids, Mi

http://www.nextpokergame.com/next_poker_game.html
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids, Mi

I checked out the games in Muskegon a couple of weeks ago. Although it's not the Delta Plex, for all practical purposes things are run the same.

It was a Thursday night and they had 3-6 LHE, 1-2 NL and some single table tourneys. 10-20 LHE and 2-5 NL happen occasionally.

Dealers at my table (1-2 NL $300 max buy-in) were surprisingly good, although I heard a lot of complaining about some of the others. Tipping is not allowed. Nor is checkraising. However, you can kinda circumvent the no c/r rule by betting the minimum with the hope that someone will raise.

The rake 10% up to $5. I believe it may be a time charge at Delta Plex.

I was shocked to find some pretty good players in my game. The tables only seat 8 players and I'd say half were really trying to play well. They were too obsessed with 'making moves' though. The other half were beyond atrocious, of course. Overall, I think with the exception of some kids hoping to be the next Antonius you'll pretty much find some of the worse play you've ever seen.

You might want to check out The Duece in Standale, as well. I've heard Delta is kind of a dump while Duece is pretty nice. It is on Lake Michigan drive (M-45) a little west of Kinney of the south side of the road behind a sub shop and Chinese joint.

Also, be sure to show up early. There is some rule that states they are not allowed to sell more than 15 or $18,000 worth of chips. If you get there late of Fri or Sat they could easily sell out.