Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Hug Ban

Indeed, this would generally be the case. All the more reason to skip the "ZOMG should we ban hugging in the hallway!?" debate.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hugging was happening extensively and becoming the norm. We were worried it might become inappropriate. So we nipped it in the bud,” headmaster Steven Kenning told “The Times” [of London].

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, one second two kids are innocently hugging goodbye the next BAM! They're hanging naked upsidedown from a swing with a midget and a donkey.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 AM

lol

Man, this is insane. If my old high school enters down this same path I'm going to write an angry letter. Essentially, it comes down to the parents though. Apparently, some, like the mom mentioned in the article, are over protective absolute IDIOTS who have no business raising children in the first place, or living, for that matter. If the district has a majority like that, what can you do? I don't see this happening in my home town though.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, this is insane. If my old high school enters down this same path I'm going to write an angry letter. Essentially, it comes down to the parents though. Apparently, some, like the mom mentioned in the article, are over protective absolute IDIOTS who have no business raising children in the first place, or living, for that matter. If the district has a majority like that, what can you do? I don't see this happening in my home town though.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I'm sure most districts have a few of those crazy, over-protecting, perhaps conservative Christian moms, I can't believe that there is ever a majority for going through with such a ban. Was there ever a vote?

It seems to me that they just fear that it may become inappropriate some day, and thus ban it. That's just the completely wrong approach. Somebody correct me when hugs become dangerous.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FFS don't we have better things to worry about? Millions and millions of human beings world wide are starving or sick or killing each other (amongst other real problems, like a 90+ % incumbent re-election rate in this country) and some people are sitting around having a debate on whether we should ban hugs in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and protecting our country is more important than the "minor" liberties we give up in the Patriot Act. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 04:12 AM

W
T
F

I don't understand how the kids are putting up with this crap. No way this would fly in Wisconsin. Well, maybe in those pussy cities like Madison... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how the kids are putting up with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you, BCPVP. Those are just social artifacts. Maybe alright in some countries and not in others. What next ban men holding hands like Bush and King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at camp David? It is simply an accepted cultural thing, a sign of closeness!

Just in case, here is the video link to two innocent men holding hands whilst taking a walk. Link
Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 AM

I got berated by one of my teachers in high school for hugging my crying female friend.

I asked her what to do instead, and she replied I could put my hand on her shoulder.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how the kids are putting up with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you, BCPVP. Those are just social artifacts. Maybe alright in some countries and not in others. What next ban men holding hands like Bush and King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at camp David? It is simply an accepted cultural thing, a sign of closeness!

Just in case, here is the video link to two innocent men holding hands whilst taking a walk. Link

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] non sequitur
[x] attack on bush
[ ] irritating smiley
[ ] lol america sucks
[ ] you're all racist hicks!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got berated by one of my teachers in high school for hugging my crying female friend.

I asked her what to do instead, and she replied I could put my hand on her shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, she is very clear about what is allowable or not. But I'll stick with holding hands down the street with people pf the same sex. I mean, if it is good enough for the prez, must be good enough for the USA.

Just to make things clear, I see nothing wrong with holding hands, but I have spend many years in different cultures, neither do I see anything wrong with hugging, same or different sexes, and finally I see nothing wrong with homosexuality or heterosexuality, for that matter!