Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Any way to fold flopped straight?

People get over the open limp non-sense. It's a speculative hand and at this level it really doesn't matter. Its not like we have to play every hand with the aggressor initiative. On the flop he is doing this almost exclusively with his overs + FD, in which case only his flush draw is live. No one plays a made flush like this. You probably have 60+% equity. Easy call.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM

IF: The table is passive preflop
IF: People often call flop bets with speculative hands (missed overs, gut shot draws, bottom pair, top pair weak kicker) and will often call a turn bet as well
THEN: Limping preflop can be better than raising. If raising preflop isn't going to win you the blinds, and if cbetting is rarely going to take down the pot, raising preflop can be -ev. But if the table is loose and full of calling stations, then a suited connector like 56s is not worth folding preflop. So open limp if the table conditions are right.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:41 PM

Kasane got it right...the reason I limped PF is because the maniac was sitting to my immediate left and consistently showed a propensity to push AI overtop of a raise.

Given the maniac's tendencies, I couldn't fold. He stacked me though with Tc 5c. I know you shouldn't get your money in in an unraised pot, but I'm pretty sure the villain would play the hand the same way if there were only one club on the flop.

One rebuy and a few hands later, I limped on the button with JJ in order to set a trap. Villain complied by putting me AI from the SB (my stack was ~$24). I call, he shows Q4o and spikes a Q on the flop.

Have fun with my money, sir. <Sigh...>
Old 10-28-2007, 08:41 PM

I've got a piece of advice for You: dont make it personal, stop thinking about revenge and 'getting my money back' from that idiot. If Im against an idiot, I usually make a note on him. That's all. He will pay You, trust me - as You have that note that he's a donky. Not today, not tommorow, but he will.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 PM

How is this not locked yet?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 PM

I agree that you have to get it in. Villain is crazy and probably has a random club of like A4 (no club) or two pair. So I guess there is no way I am folding.