Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: OOT Sleep Experts: What kind of mattress do you have?

I sleep on a Serta Perfect Day and also sell them. They are great beds, and right now Serta has rolled back the prices. You can save a lot of money on them. You reall yneed to lay on a bunch of mattresses to see where your comfort level is. I'd suggest laying on a mattress for 15 minutes to see how it actually feels to your body. Do some research, like epinions(dot)com where you will read testimonials from consumers.

All mattress inner springs are not the same unless you buy an off brand (Bonnell Coil Unit), which is any mattress that isn't built by Sealy Posturepedic (LFK coil unit), Simmons Beauty Rest(Marshall coil unit) or Serta Perfect Sleeper, and Perfect Day, which uses continuous wound wire to make their coil inner spring. Stearns and Foster is owned by Sealy and uses their (LFK) inner spring.

You can also choose between Visco Elastic(memory foam) beds from a number of dealers. The top two dealers, in terms of quality and density of foams are Tempurpedic and Serta.

You'll pay a hefty price for Tempurpedic, and you'll get a little hot sleeping on it, because their foam is built with a closed cell structure, meaning the foam doesn't breathe properly and circulate air throughout.

My personal choice for my next set will be Latex, specifically Talalay Latex. It does the same thing as Visco Foam, but it confroms easier and quicker to your body, which will ease your body's pressure points and that will lead to sounder sleep. You're tossing and turning at night becasue you are restricting your blood circulation.

If, as you said, you feel lower back pain your back is not being properly supported anymore. You don't necessarily need the firmest bed in the world. You need to find a bed that feels firm underneath, and soft on the top.

I'll tell you what I tell every customer who walks through my door. You need to find a matt. that feels good on your back and good on your wallet. I don't care how much my customers spend. It's their money. Don't set your mind firmly on a price though. You're going to be sleeping on it for the next 10 years so the cost is minimal in the long run. If you spend $1000 on a set your cost per night is $.27 to sleep on a great mattress.

You can definitely find a great full or queen set for under that price. If you buy a mattress only, you're going to pay about 85% of the list price. Most dealers will tell you if you don't buy the box spring your warranty will be voided.

Sorry if this is TLDR....

And please don't fall for the "Hurry up or you'll miss out on this special offer" line. That's what it is. Trust me, taht store will have that sale EVERY day. We all do.