Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Default I Think It Might Be Time To Buy TASR

They were wrong when they said it never kills people and that hurt them a lot. But cops tell me that those things aren't going anywhere. What do they care about a few dead people? There would be even more without the gizmo. I have 10,000 shares.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: I Think It Might Be Time To Buy TASR

This post is +EV. Nice job.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Just bought 10K shares too. Thanks David.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:42 PM

I cant see where they expect sales to be generated from. I have only done a really quick look-over, but who do you envision will order massive amounts of tasers who hasnt already. Just seems overvalued to me and I cant see where growth is expected to come from.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM

Overseas? In any case when the stock was much higher the market envisioned a certain amount of sales. Lawsuits temporarily derailed that. So if they are back on track the stock figures to go up.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:24 PM

I think tasers have one major problem:

In jurisdictions where the populace either doesn't care, or has no say, re: the police killing people they're trying to subdue, there's no reason to bother with a taser. The cops just use guns because they're safer for the cop.

In places with a more sensitive populace and/or more public oversight of the police & government, the taser's reputation for killing will hurt its adoption regardless of the facts of the matter.

Expect some new low-lethality weapon to appear to get around this (possibly irrational) sensitivity. It's unlikely taser will be the company behind it as their name is now associated with the deaths.

The US military, of course, has learned their lessons in Iraq, and would rather just have a dead villain than one that has to be put in jail where they can cause continued trouble. It's likely most foreign armies have already learned that lesson, or learned it by proxy from us.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:10 PM

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/5y/t/tasr

5 year chart ftw. Seems like they really need to find some new planets to sell to if they ever plan on getting back to their old levels.

seems like I missed alot. I figured it was around for a few years, it must have been past its early growth stages but it clearly isnt. Trading at 21 times next years earnings, could be interesting.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM

David, you are the way, the truth, and the life.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:10 PM

The percentage play here is to set a buy stop near 9 and protect yourself immediately (if filled above $9) with a close stop. If it runs, great, otherwise your money is not dead in the meantime-- or at considerable risk.

Players who bought at the recent high ($9.27 on Feb 21) have egg on their faces @ $7.85-- unless they bailed quick on a close stop.

This stock is the kind of stock that tells you the news via the current price. The actual news manifests weeks later.

The chart is in a long downtrend but may be starting to forming a base. A narrowing range ultimately resolves to range expansion; the question is which way-- up or down. It looks 50-50 below $9 to me.

It hit $9+ on 2/21 so maybe all the miserable people above $9 (who are looking to sell) are gone. Maybe not. Likely not.

I like the Sony/teledildonics play mentioned earlier alot better, to tell you the truth. Now there's a 'growth' market.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Technically speaking this stock could have a one day pop but it's not going past 9.00 too soon without some kind of fundamental product change. ie: like aapl did with ipod.

Good luck with it David. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]