Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 04:41 PM

Default ~~~Unofficial Baseball Offseason Thread~~~

We already have a couple specific threads going, so maybe this one can be more for the low content rumor type posts. Today is the first day teams can pursue free agents.

Who would've thought that Gary Matthews Jr. may be among the top 10 available free agents?

Aramis Ramirez, according to his agent, is looking for "Beltran money."

Zito, Schmidt, Weaver [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] , Dmats, where will they all end up going?

Let the fun begin? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: ~~~Unofficial Baseball Offseason Thread~~~

Cubs sign Aramis to five year deal
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM

Also, in an atrocious move for the Orioles, they traded Britton to the Yankees for Wright. Britton is signed for five more years and will be extremely cheap for at least two more. Wright is signed for one year, and the Orioles are miles behind three teams in their own division.

The Orioles remind me of a slots player: trying to hit the jackpot because they aren't willing to take time grinding it out at the poker table, which is what is required for +EV.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in an atrocious move for the Orioles, they traded Britton to the Yankees for Wright.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Cashman=genius.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in an atrocious move for the Orioles, they traded Britton to the Yankees for Wright. Britton is signed for five more years and will be extremely cheap for at least two more. Wright is signed for one year, and the Orioles are miles behind three teams in their own division.

The Orioles remind me of a slots player: trying to hit the jackpot because they aren't willing to take time grinding it out at the poker table, which is what is required for +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this might be a case of Leo Mazzone thinking he can work the magic with Wright again. I wonder how much, if any, of Wright's salary the Yanks are going to pay?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:48 PM

The Angels better get at least 1 big bat
Old 11-12-2006, 10:28 PM

Yeah, I am suprised Aramis signed so soon with the Cubs. He figured to have significant interest from the Angels, Dodgers, maybe even Padres, as well as the Cubs.

And the Orioles continue to be horrible. I wish that the Angels could somehow pry Miguel Tejada from them.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I am suprised Aramis signed so soon with the Cubs. He figured to have significant interest from the Angels, Dodgers, maybe even Padres, as well as the Cubs.

And the Orioles continue to be horrible. I wish that the Angels could somehow pry Miguel Tejada from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Angels have one of the top shortstop prospects in all of baseball in Brandon Wood...Why would they want an aging Miguel Tejada?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this might be a case of Leo Mazzone thinking he can work the magic with Wright again. I wonder how much, if any, of Wright's salary the Yanks are going to pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

$4 of a $7 million contract but it was essentially a sunk cost as the Yankees would have had to pay it, if they opted out of the Wright Contract.

Looks like a really good move for the Yankees
Old 11-13-2006, 09:17 AM

Looks like Valentin will return to the Mets at 2B, one year deal. I'm not counting on him doing what he did last year with his bat, but if his defense is close to last year I'll be very happy.