Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Preflop Neg EV

Dude
I am not sharing anything that's outside of common logic. We are talking about tough and tricky player who uses his image and table reads to set up his session.
Ohh and LOL @ taking on Amulet who just might be one of the best players on this site... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude
I am not sharing anything that's outside of common logic. We are talking about tough and tricky player who uses his image and table reads to set up his session.
Ohh and LOL @ taking on Amulet who just might be one of the best players on this site... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I guess we'll talk about this some other time since like I said, I don't like talking about specific players that much here because I think it's unethical. I will say that I disagree completely with your perceived image of the villain in this hand.

As for Amulet, I'm sure that he's a great player and wins lots of money from poker. However, that doesn't change the fact that I disagree with his comments and especially the way he presented them in this particular case. Maybe I should have said something like "Dude, I always gain such great insight from your posts in the past, but this time I have to disagree with you." I'm not like that though.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM

i don't necessarily think he's tricky at all...
Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 PM

"attacked" as you wrote, is a unproductive and unnecessary way to post if your try to act as a "devils advocate."

yes i wanted to take it down there. that would be the best result as i see it. i don't think this is a situation to allow free cards if utg has QQ.

i think this should end things here, let it drop unless you have a productive and friendly poker comment.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM

you can and are welcome to disagree with with me anytime. we are all here to share and learn from each other. however, in a community where we all share a common interest i like keeping things friendly.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Live 40/80 hand

Yes I was in the BB, which is y i called. I ended betting the river and Joe had 99, and called. After the hand, I thought that the bet on the river was pretty negative ev, he was calling with nothing that I beat and prob not folding much after I called the turn.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can and are welcome to disagree with with me anytime. we are all here to share and learn from each other. however, in a community where we all share a common interest i like keeping things friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my post did sound rather unfriendly but honestly when I wrote it, I wasn't trying to be nasty or condescending.

Anyway, this hand is a tough spot. If you're checking he is definitely betting. One thing Yong Jo does better than almost anyone in that game is value betting/raising rivers. This spot is exactly why you should fold preflop especially if you don't know him that well.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 PM

first of all i dont like the way joe played this hand, i think he shoulve standard c-betted the flop, chk the turn and bet the river, now for the hero in this hand, i think its very weak to just fold 88 in the BB, so thats almost never an option. I would call preflop, check call flop, if he checks behind then i bet the 7 turn and check call or in this situation check-fold the river because yong joe would never call the turn here unless he had a made hand here.(which almost always beats 88) Also joe is not the type to value bet 99 here if you bet into him on the turn and check the river.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:45 PM

I'd check-fold. I think he probably has something like Jacks and plans to make sure a bet goes in on every street. He wouldn't check behind the flop and call the turn with a hand you beat.

Jeff
Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 AM

How about that guy in our game that hit 12 gutshots in 4 hours? I thought it was actually AMAZING. at first i was upset since obviously it's good for the game. but after the 7th one i thought i was seeing an apparition. i rubbed my palms all over him to get the lucky feeling back. Didnt work so i left. GG.