Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Ask me threads.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought there might be more questions about the business.If people had any misconceptions, good or bad, there's something fun about telling the truth, even if it's not all that exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think publishing is the avenue of greatest potential income for you and/or your father? Do you think that the site/company would make significantly more money if someone more experienced in marketing/retail sales were involved on a full-time basis? Do you make use of any paid consultants? If so, in which areas? What are the ultimate ambitions for 2+2? How successful would you personally rate 2+2 as being?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a publisher, myself. I just look after things. I need Two Plus Two publishing to stay successful in order to keep my cushy job. So for me, the publishing that Mason does is pretty important.

My father has some potential to score with some of the games he's invented. We'll see. I don't know all the details there, so you can ask him if interested.

I think hiring consultants for the website could bring in more dollars. I'm looking into this.

I don't believe we could do much more to improve US book sales aside from getting the authors on David Letterman or something like that.

The publishing company and website are far more successful than anyone had ever intended. Mason could answer questions of ambition better than anyone. It's his company.

I am thrilled with the community aspect of the website, and not being much of a poker player myself, I'm hoping to see the community expand to as many interests as possible.

The publishing side is different. I know that Mason would be willing to publish a book on virtually any subject if he could be sure that the information was excellent. However, as long as there are books on gambling being written, he has little interest in publishing books in other areas.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

On a scale of 1-11, how incompetent has your staff been in dealing with the issues of the last week?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously there was incompetence somewhere. I am really unable to put the blame on any specific enity, however.

I can only apologize and assure people that we are taking steps to reduce problems and to make legitimate improvements. This includes looking into hiring people who know more than we do about website management.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:40 PM

how many 5 year olds?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought there might be more questions about the business.If people had any misconceptions, good or bad, there's something fun about telling the truth, even if it's not all that exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mentioned 3 (aside from Mason) in the office... what roles do the other 2 play?

Can you explain the relationship between 2+2 and Chuck & Conjelco?

Do revenue & expenses from the 2+2 forums flow thru Conjelco, or do they flow thru 2+2?

Does Mason have an ownership interest in Conjelco?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Mat,

Can I be a mod for 1 hour?

Thanks,
X
Old 01-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Mat,

Your replies in this thread indicate, to me, a certain coolness toward your father. Do you consider yourself to be estranged from him? Do you see him socially, ie birthdays, holidays, etc.?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 PM

I talk to him almost everyday. Our relationship is more like that of friends than father/son, however. I wouldn't say there is coolness. You probably sense more objectivity from me than one might expect. I suppose that's part of my nature.

I also think I inherited it from him.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:18 AM

That response is odd, and great in a weird way, like most of your answers in this thread. It's an interesting situation, your father and you. I like that you chose to do this, answer these questions. You and your actions reflect well upon 2+2 and its internet forums.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Who do you turn to for really solid advice concerning running of the forum or a personal dilemna? Is there one person that you feel will always be objective and not self-serving?

2) How does your personality differ from your father's? What is your favorite/ least favorite trait that your father has?

3) In your opinion, should America try to win this war by committing more troops to Iraq?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forum decisions: Ryan.

Personal issues: My girlfriend, usually.

I'm more aware of my surroundings and people than my father. One of the reasons I fail to maintain focus while playing poker is that I find myself feeling bad for those losing. I believe that to truly enjoy poker and many other games, one must not only enjoy winning, but also enjoy seeing others lose.

It's nearly impossible to have a conversation with my father as he is constantly drifting away into his own thoughts. When I was younger, this was horrible, now it's just annoying.

I really don't know. I find war tragic and am instinctively opposed to all of it, but I don't have enough info. to have a strong opinion on "the surge"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i have solved the problem for you. all you need to do is:

"He always seemed to pay pretty close attention to me, but then again I have large breasts and a pretty smile." coming from...
"and as for being a wildchild, I have 5 tattoos, 11 peircings (which there are going to be more very soon) And I'm a freak in the bedroom, s&m I'm also addicted to pain (hence the body modification) "

P.S. You seem pretty laid back so you probably dont care david had sex with someone under 18 correct?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
id like to conduct another mass culling soon. I believe I am the most qualified to do so but do not have a desire to do actual moderating, Instead I prefer to the Grim Reaper of the forums complete with having my name color changed to black. My powers should extend across all forums. initial thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you fine sir!