Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

I'll believe it when I see it. It's pretty rare to see a mid-season trade in football. The QB issues some teams have this season does make this more interesting.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:55 PM

Yeah I don't see Tangini trading Pennington. While it would be nice to get something for him via trade, Mangini is smart enough not to have Clemens backed up by Tuiasossoososospo.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:38 PM

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 4:00 AM

It's still Chad Pennington's team, but he's on notice.

Eric Mangini reiterated yesterday that Pennington still is the starting quarterback, but his latest vote of confidence included a first-time disclaimer. "I'll continue to assess the whole situation, not just with that position, but with every position," Mangini said.

If Pennington doesn't emerge from his funk Sunday in Cincinnati, where the Jets meet the Bengals (1-4), it likely will result in a change to Kellen Clemens. Mangini is extending every benefit of the doubt to Pennington, who has six interceptions in the last three games. In that span, he has led only three touchdown drives.

But Mangini has steadfastly maintained that the problems go beyond Pennington. Quoting a favorite line from Bill Parcells, Mangini said, "It's not like going to AAMCO; you just can't take out the sparkplug."

Pennington seems to have the support of the locker room. "I feel good with Chad behind center," WR Jerricho Cotchery said. "A lot of guys feel the same way."

NO DEAL: With the league trading deadline today, there are wild rumors about Pennington being dealt. It's believed the Jets have received inquiries from quarterback-needy teams, but he's not going anywhere. "Ludicrous," Mangini said of the speculation. ... Jets caught a bad break on Donovan McNabb's 75-yard TD pass to Kevin Curtis, the only touchdown in Sunday's 16-9 loss to the Eagles. A replay clearly shows the ball wasn't snapped until the play clock had expired.

SNEAK ATTACK: Mangini, defending the decision to try a QB sneak on third-and-1 at the end of the game, said the Jets had a "pretty impressive" track record on those plays. On four previous third-and-1 sneaks this season, the Jets made a first down each time. On handoffs to Thomas Jones, they're 4-for-5 in those situations. ... Explaining to fourth-down pass to Laveranues Coles, Mangini said, "The success rate of that play over time has been extremely high. It's arguably one of the best receivers in the league being thrown to by a guy who has great chemistry with him." TE Sean Ryan was open in the far corner of the end zone.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 PM

doesn't look like he'll be traded...

meh, i like the guy, but it looks like pennington is going to have to renegotiate his deal because his cap number soars again next year, to the point where the team can't be paying big time money to someone who has to fight for his job...

will be interesting to see if he does redo, if they cut him, he'd still be a blow to the cap
Old 10-16-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't look like he'll be traded...

meh, i like the guy, but it looks like pennington is going to have to renegotiate his deal because his cap number soars again next year, to the point where the team can't be paying big time money to someone who has to fight for his job...

will be interesting to see if he does redo, if they cut him, he'd still be a blow to the cap

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Pennington is the type of guy that WOULD redo his contract, even getting cut. He owes a lot to NY, and would be a total ass move to screw us over. We all love the guy for his heart, but he isn't the answer. I wouldn't even mind keeping him as a backup to Clemens next year, he wouldn't be a terrible back up.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM

maybe, i mean, i don't like tusioosopaassaso at all, but that's one expensive backup in pennington imo
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Could someone please explain to me, in language you may use for a small child, why Clemons is suddenly a much, much, much better option to start at Quaterback than a winning veteran like Pennington who has led average Jets teams to unlikely winning seasons and playoff appearances in the past? What have you all seen in Clemons that makes you so anxious to get him in and trade off or cut Pennington?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone please explain to me, in language you may use for a small child, why Clemons is suddenly a much, much, much better option to start at Quaterback than a winning veteran like Pennington who has led average Jets teams to unlikely winning seasons and playoff appearances in the past? What have you all seen in Clemons that makes you so anxious to get him in and trade off or cut Pennington?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Season over

Clemens might be future

Let him get snaps, give him experience

See if he IS the future, or isn't

Learn more about the future, to better our winning chances in the future
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think that Pennington is the type of guy that WOULD redo his contract, even getting cut. He owes a lot to NY, and would be a total ass move to screw us over.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL cmon.

Are you [censored] serious?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think that Pennington is the type of guy that WOULD redo his contract, even getting cut. He owes a lot to NY, and would be a total ass move to screw us over.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL cmon.

Are you [censored] serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never agreed with you on anything, but I do agree with this. Pennington doesn't owe us crap, and since there is a pretty good chance he is gone next year, I'd love to see him start on another team with a good O-Line and a more than competent defense.