Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
suggs would be a great addition to our defense as i love a blitzing LB in a 3-4 and it's almost a must imo...however, getting him will be hard...

another tough spot to fill will be d-rob...a vilfork type player is not coming around often, so it'll be hard to find someone like him in the draft...

correct me if i'm wrong, and i very well migth be, but didn't d-rob play well in the 4-3 when he didn't have to take up 2 guys??

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, D-Rob hasn't lived up to expectations as a #4 overall pick, 4-3 or 3-4. I remember one play in the playoffs 2 years ago when he took some stupid penalty, then on the next play someone lit a fire under his ass and he singlehandedly plowed LT for a 5 yard loss (might have been a sack, not too sure). Probably the best play I've seen from him ever.

As far as finding a nose for the 3-4, we don't need the best player there, we just need a fatass who can eat up 2 blockers.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, just another thing, i haven't been able to notice this much, are they leaving revis in man coverage with no help, he's young, but man, he looks good already...this run defense is past the point where they can only be affording to play 1 deep cover...

also, this may sound really stupid, but is there any merit to getting another shutdown corner in the draft and putting everyone else in the box to help against the run?? seems bad, just wondering, the run defense blows, but running against a stacked box has to be hard, right??

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, Revis has looked very good for a rookie and he's being put on the opponent's WR1 with no help. That speaks so much volumes, I'm loving this kid already. RE: using a #1 on a CB this year: I just don't see them investing a massive amount of money on that one position. We do have room under the salary cap but the defensive backfield isn't at the top of needs we need to fill. TBH I'm fine with Revis-Dyson.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:55 PM

We need another corner but we wont' spend a #1 pick or that type of money on one. Just too much loot at one position.

Also, revis is a stud and while they do leave him in single coverage a lot, remember that young CBs typically do much better with man coverage than zone.

We need more than just a fat guy to eat up blockers. Pouha is a fat guy. There are def. fat guys around. Good fat guys are rare.

I'm pretty sure Ellis will be gone soon as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that TYPE of player is what we need to look for imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, but there are a lot of teams running 3-4's now and *everyone* is looking for them. There's Suggs, Merriman and Thomas. Then less.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

why do u think ellis will be gone?? he's one of the few guys near the line who can hold his own against the run
Old 10-09-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do u think ellis will be gone?? he's one of the few guys near the line who can hold his own against the run

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he sucks.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Hey Jason Taylor is a FA this year too. It's worth it for him to come to the Jets just for the comedic value alone lol. Although I see him finishing off his career with the Pats or the Cowboys.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Any word on if BWest is playing? If he is playing, we have such a small shot at winning. A player like him will just destroy us running/catching out of the backfield. After this game, it is @Cincy, Buffalo, Washington then BYE. Do we let Chad play until the BYE week, and if we don't win any games, let Clemens start? If we lose against Philly, shouldn't we want him in against the weak cincy D, so that he might be able to get into a rhythm and carry that into the next week?

I really don't want his first two starts to be against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, two tough defenses.

Also, is there a website where you can see upcoming FA's, or do you need to know their contract?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:23 PM

it seems westbrook has returned to practice, but who knows exactly what that means...

ugh, there are a couple of sites which track potential FAs, but none of them are coming to mind, sorry
Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it seems westbrook has returned to practice, but who knows exactly what that means...

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll play and we'll lose.

2008 Free Agents