Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly that list pretty much was me a bit over a year ago. I did move out and started school a few months back, and life is a lot better, a lot more consistent. However had I made this post at the time, having you be an ass would not have helped me realize that I needed change. So once again, why in the hell would you try and push someone whos a few feet from the edge to the edge? In what way does this seem like a good strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boom, good for you, you saw that what you were doing wasn't good for you and you made a change. It worked. You didn't make a post like lurkers, why not?

If you were his brother and he told you he was going to kill himself would you get all "don't do it man, life is good" or would you look at his lifestyle and say wtf, I'd want to kill myself too if I were doing what you were doing.

From my list, with the exception of being 19, he can change ANYTHING, and it would make his life better. He's been on this site most of his waking hours for the past 8 1/2 months. He's in a rut, probably addicted to the internet. I'd suggest that he start turning off his computer for awhile. I'd prefer to offer a solution than to cajole him into thinking that he got one over on everybody.