Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Video: 2-tabling $10NL

I made an hour long video of me playing 2 $10NL tables at Full Tilt today. I am in the learning process of cash games, especially 6max, so the main purpose is for people to give me feedback on my play. Don't assume the decisions I make are standard, I am learning. Anyway, all feedback and thoughts are greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LINK
Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Video: 2-tabling $10NL

Ack, exceeded bandwith. Could use another server like megaupload or something?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 PM

No bandwith left [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Does it have commentry or annotation of your thought process. That is WAY more important than anything!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM

Denne brukeren har nådd den daglige grensen for overføring av data.
Siden er midlertidig utilgjengelig, vennligst prøv igjen senere!

obv.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 AM

REHOST

Hopefully it will be fine this time.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:26 AM

thanks for sharing, will post soon some comment.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:31 AM

watching it now..
Old 03-19-2007, 06:20 AM

Not in love with the JQo raise on the button.. rather do it with suited connectors so i'm less likely to be dominated if i hit.

I don't mind the check with the 7's.. i might raise sometimes.. I'd prolly lead the flop though vs the limpers either way.

With the J's.. you're using some of your tourney logic on the low stakes donkeys lol. Some overbet with [censored].. some overbet with good hands.. just have to make a note of it and move on.

I would have probably bet the 3's.. you said it's a good flop.. take a stab see what happens.

I don't complete with K2o.

Did you just do a line of coke?

I might have raised his donk bet when u had the T8s.

I think you played pretty solid... could easily beat 25NL
Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 AM

Just watched the first half hour, will be watching the next maybe tonight.

4:10 44 RAISE!!! you cant only play this for set value, by calling you get no initiative and have no right to cbet and take the pot down on the flop.

5:20 JTo I would have bet 1/2 the pot on the river, so you prevent from difficult decisions

8:40 QJo good riase IMO no you got initiative

12:20 93o FOLD!! you are OOP have crap hand who cares how good the odds are, you will win little if you hit big.

13:00 77 your check looks ok, oop play it for set value

14:00 K2s good fold, if no one called i would have reraised the IR

16:00 LMAO at the turtle has left the table

17:00 JJ 3bets at this limit is big hand QQ+. Allin with a stack like he has is KK+. if he was shortstacked I would call any day, but he did not get this big stack because he is a donk, you were in this hand. Nice suckout though lol!!

19:20 77 you are familiar with the 5-10 rule? AF is important here for your implied odds.

21:00 56o those were not the same 2 guys, 1 was the same the chicken was new at the table

28:00 KJs he could have a weaker king, turn check is ok, but after his check you could have bet about half the pot, and folded to a reraise. Now you induce a bluff if he does not have the flush on the river. He gives you 1:3.3 odds, I would have called the river bet. You only have to be right 1 in out of 4 times. if he is making this smallish bet because he suspect you to be inducing him to bluff this could well be a blocking bet. Offcourse he had a flush here lol.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM

I jumped ahead to about 10 minutes and started watching. I actually dropped down from 50NL to 10 NL for the past two days rebuilding my roll. I play 20/18 on 50, though I try to play looser. At 10 NL, I'm a straight nit 16/11 over 5k hands. Oh, and did I mention I took them for 10 buyins in 5 hours 8 tabling.

These are my thoughts and though they might induce bad habits, but here goes:

1. This is 10NL, you think too hard

2. Play ABC poker, I can't stress this, but the 93o in the SB is a fold, forget 7:1

3. You actually talked about people open limping. I never open limp in 50, but I specifically added it to my 10NL game because I pretty much always saw flops with speculative hands. Only once did I have to stop doing this at a table and play a normal game. It was actually fairly profitable.

4. Nice suck out at 17 minutes with the JJ, but yes, donkeys do that, and you needed to FOLD

5. I like the KJs hand at 28 minutes.

6. TT hand, that was tough. But after watching it twice, I'm split between liking it and folding the turn. These guys don't 3-bet light (most of the time), and he has shown strength. He's got KQ+, JJ+ and AT+. Once the J came, I think you were behind his range at that point.

7. 34:58 - don't raise QJ utg 5 handed.

8. 38:26 - don't complete Q8o in the SB. Remember, ABC! And don't raise 104s UTG either. It's not a bad play if your going to play LAG, but horrible for ABC.

9. 41:42 - when he pushes on that board, it's more likely that he actually flopped something and is begging for a call than a draw. They basically get excited that they have a big hand and bet hard. If he was on a draw, I'd see something more like a check or a mini-bet.

10. 43:48 - FOLD 108o. Don't bet it.

11. 49:00 - I didn't like the PF bet, I didn't like the size of the c-bet (make it 2/3-3/4 of a pot, not the pot)

12. 56:28 - The c-bet was ok. Calling his min-raise was standard, Calling the turn was Very bad. At that point you have to assume TP+ or that the turn helped him. You are geting 2.5:1 when you need way more. Implied won't save you, and it's an easy fold. You also mentioned that the spades draw was obvious and it was unlikely for you to get him to pay you.

Other comments/ personal gripes :

I hate FTP sounds, and that was on my nerves.

I also hate looking at those tables, reskin the thing.

You might, if you can put the stats openly showing on the table (like Poker Ace's default).

And one thing that I felt that saved me a ton of time was simply clicking the pot button preflop when you raise. The difference between a 3.75bb pf bet vs a 4bb is irrelivant, but will save you plenty of time and hassle.

Another suggestion is to always be seated in the same spot. It might take PT an orbit to update, but really, try 8 tabling without knowing where your seated and it's just a headache.

Overall, I think your a solid player, but at this level, you have to play tighter. You can be looser than me, but not where you are now.

Crovax