Old 05-20-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: ($60) Early AK hand

lol @ kevin
Old 05-20-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Min-raise him back to see where you are at and fold if he shoves!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, please don't do this. It would be horrible to raise to 700, then fold to his shove that is only 875 more in a 2500 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..
Old 05-20-2007, 04:34 AM

Kevin you don't realize that the 3-1ish pot odds simply don't matter cause he's gonna have AA or KK everytime at that point.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 AM

Yeah with AK you want to get your chips in PF in a situation like that. You don't want to risk being outplayed on the flop. I would push there especially when the game is new. If you bust you minimized the time you spent on that game and just open a new one up.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:16 AM

I've given up folding AK to a reraise, mind you I don't play anything like $60s. If no more action behind him I just shove.

Given your stack though I like a call too.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 AM

Call/Shove/Fold >>> Reraise

With your stack imo you could do anything other than reraise/fold which seems the worst of options.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Well done levelling me.. I'm sure quite a large number of players will now minraise in these situations. Just watch for it.

Levelling in the strategy forum [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Go back to bbv4life lol
Old 05-20-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well done levelling me.. I'm sure quite a large number of players will now minraise in these situations. Just watch for it.

Levelling in the strategy forum [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Go back to bbv4life lol

[/ QUOTE ]

damn i'm scared to reply to you incase you are leveling me now! But if people now start minraising back because someone suggested it, they probably suck anyway. Just because someone says to do something, you shouldn't just blindly start doing it but think aobut why you should do it.

If i posted that you should open push here preflop, i'd hope people would think about it before they just started shoving AK for any amount.

If you were releveling, you got me ;[
Old 05-20-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah with AK you want to get your chips in PF in a situation like that. You don't want to risk being outplayed on the flop. I would push there especially when the game is new. If you bust you minimized the time you spent on that game and just open a new one up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying, you clearly didn't even read the hand since i have him covered and can't bust. Please don't reply to my posts again unless you can be bothered to actually read the hand first.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call/Shove/Fold >>> Reraise

With your stack imo you could do anything other than reraise/fold which seems the worst of options.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly reraising was a joke, no one plans to do that. However i actually folded in this hand. More and more at the 60s these retarded reraises are a big hand - there are less morons showing up with AJs/55 here than there used to be.

obviously if he repops to like 500+, or shoves we'd be 'fistpump snapcalling', but the small raise looks fking scary to me.

Also we have a really nice stack, and i figured protecting our stack would be more useful than shoving here and hoping we are ahead, but running into a big hand.

I guess i can see the arguments for calling, but if i play this hand i prefer to just shove. If we hit the flop when we call we are going to mostly lose action from hands like QQ-TT, and we'll get stacked when he has us beat and we hit.

Although thinking about it, the pot will be like 900 and he will have ~1150 left so his cbet will commit him.. maybe calling was a better idea than just folding