Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Aussie Millions Cash Game Invitational on FSN this Saturday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The Croc" might be the single biggest jackass I've ever seen on TV poker. And this is after half a decade of seeing guys like Joe Stillman, Tony G, Dmitri Nobles, Eric Molina, and Jamie Gold in tournament after tournament. The Croc trumped them all in about 15 minutes of screen time.

I'm a pacifist, but I would relish beating this guy senseless with wooden hammer. His sense of humor makes Phil Gordon look like Chris Rock. His poker skill makes Jamie Gold look like Barry Greenstein. His fashion sense makes Johnny Chan look like Marcel Luske. And his rude, irritating lack of etiquette makes Tony G look like Doyle Brunson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat next to him on day 1 of the main event. My friend Cameron told me that apparently he's a real poker celebrity over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the [censored]? Im australian and this is the first ive ever seen of him, no idea who he is and he definitely isnt even F-grade famous, maybe he is just known around melbourne or something. What a weird guy, he either slightly unhinged or just blatantly using a gimmick to become a recognised player, or both. Definitely the huge fish on this show too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy The Croc has been around in the Australian poker scene for years, back when there was barely such a thing as the Australian poker scene. As such he's a minor celebrity amongst guys who have played the game for a while, but I'm not surprised to learn that newer players have never heard of him. I've never really talked to him so I can't comment on whether he's a douche or not. He's supposed to be not particularly good at the poker. He has 435k in tourney wins, but thats since like 1990, and who knows how much it's cost him in entry fees, travel expenses etc.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:56 AM

guys an idiot
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't get what PA was thinking with his 88 vs Ivey's A3.

Preflop Ivey squeezes from the blinds and only PA calls. Flop was like J34, Ivey bets, PA calls. On the 2 turn (I think Ivey picked up a flush draw), Ivey bets out again, and PA moves all in for what was about 80k more into a 200k~ pot.

For me it seems that any time Ivey has even a jack, he is calling here. The only way he is getting a fold is if Ivey is on a complete bluff. PA basically turned his eights into a bluff.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what PA was thinking with his 88 vs Ivey's A3.

Preflop Ivey squeezes from the blinds and only PA calls. Flop was like J34, Ivey bets, PA calls. On the 2 turn (I think Ivey picked up a flush draw), Ivey bets out again, and PA moves all in for what was about 80k more into a 200k~ pot.

For me it seems that any time Ivey has even a jack, he is calling here. The only way he is getting a fold is if Ivey is on a complete bluff. PA basically turned his eights into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a draw heavy board and you think it makes no sense to raise there if he thought he had the best hand?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM

"I think it helps his read here that his opponent IS PHIL IVEY."

some great commentary, really. you mean antonius adjusts his read on the player he's in a hand with based on the human that they are? weird.

Also, it was funny to see Kagawa raise a pot and get like 4 callers with anything remotely playable. everyone wanted a piece
Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM

i can't find links to the full episodes. all i can find is clips of the big hands. anybody have a link to full episodes like they do with hsp?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't find links to the full episodes. all i can find is clips of the big hands. anybody have a link to full episodes like they do with hsp?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-11-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 AM

LDO
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 AM

Can anyone find a fold for Lindgren vs Antonius? Seems at best he's calling for a split, which is obv bad.

Some good hands on here, it was more entertaining than HSP of late.