Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Serious Ethics Question,

I have been spending the last few days staying with Team Israel (Krantz, whitelime, FoxwoodsFiend, and flawlessvictory). During those few days, I have shared action with some of them for various limit and no limit games when playing high stakes.

With that said, I took the biggest gamble of my trip with them, agreeing to take 20% of the action on the heads up match between Krantz and perkyshmerky, who they insisted to me is the biggest fish at these stakes). That means I would be essentially playing 40/80 NL but krantz would do the playing. I am hardly rolled to play this game, but decided to take a big gamble.

Anyway, by the time we started to play Perky only Ariel (FWF) and Krantz were awake to sweat the action and discuss hands. Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent that Krantz and Ariel were too high to play: Ariel had taken marijuana brownies and was high for the first time in years: he was an absolute giggling idiot. Jay had smoked before taking the brownies and thusly was especially high as well.

Within the first few hands I could tell that something was wrong: Jay minreraised 98o OOP and minbet an AQK board. He minraised JJ on the button. One hand he limped and Perky raised to 1200, and Krantz LIMPRERAISED to 3600, with Ariel giggling the whole time telling him not to. The flop came Q28rb and it went check check. We turned an 8 and stacked KQ with trips, but it was a ridiculous line and I could tell they were not playing their best game. I even have video tape of them giddily laughing about how happy they were that ridiculous play worked, and swearing they thought preflop was pure spew at the time.

So this one hand comes up where Krantz open limped Q8o, Perky raised to 1200, and Krantz called. The flop came down AA2 rainbow and Perky checked. At this point we had 60k stacks and Perky covered. Perky checked, and Krantz said "I kind of like overbetting here" and I sarcastically say "yeah, why not shove?" He says "yeah, why the [censored] not? i do too!" and I laugh as though he's got to be joking and he shoves for $60,000!!!

Perky IMMEDIATELY CALLS with KK and we lose the pot. I am absolutely shell-shocked: I can not believe what I have just witnessed. Krantz has just pissed away $12000 of my money! We sit there in awkward silence for a few seconds and then I tell him that there is no way in hell I'm accountable for that loss!

Krantz is so high he laughs that I would dare to say that for a good 30 seconds as if to indicate that there is no way that I am being serious. I explain to him in no uncertain terms that I am not paying him $12000 of the accumulated loss because of how we lost it. He flips outs and asks if I'm [censored] serious and threatens to kick me out of the house if I don't pay him the $12000 "I owe him." After I get him to take that back and he decides to actually let me stay in his house, but still refuses to admit that I don't owe him the money. I am shocked by this because I had had many swaps in good faith with everyboy in the house over the past few days, and I would never imagine that I would get stiffed on money owed to me.

Anyway, I can't believe I have to post this in the forums, but I really need to know what the HSNL community thinks about this because $12000 is NOT a small amount of money for me: I play 30-60 limit and recently moved up to 50-100 limit: I am not exactly baller. Please help me convince the rest of the house that they should pay me the $12000 they are witholding from me.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Serious Ethics Question,

as far as ethics are concerned, you made the agreement, and should pay, you would've collected if they won.

However, This is such an extremely gross/classless moveto play in their current state with your money that I wouldn't lose sleep if I unethically didn't pay.

Also, I'm a bit confused, it sounds like you were there? why didn't you stop what was going on, this is why its tough to believe this story, its easy to at least verbally declare that you were not going to be part of the financing.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 AM

this can't be true.

either way you're all idiots.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 AM

Edited: I wrote out a detailed opinion but then decided this was probably a joke.

Also, highstakesdb doesn't have this hand
Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 AM

wtf dude, if you wanted out you couldve said as soon as you noticed the state they were in...its not like they would be unable to continue by themselves. As it stands you leant a $12k lesson that letting stoned people play nosebleed games with your money isnt such a good idea and that when people are high they become very open to suggestion... WTG!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 AM

p.s. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
this can't be true.

if it is you're all idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 AM

err why would u be sitting there watching them play high? you should just be like 'yo you guys are stoned, no probs but i just want to let u know there's 0 way u are playing my money unless you are sober'.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Lol , bad joke.
You could at least come up with some real dillema (like what to do after agreeing to flip for 5k and then folding). Here you are obviously paying 12k how can it even be a question ?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 AM

almost certainly not true.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this can't be true.

either way you're all idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread