Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the most recent thing I collected was DVDs. My collection got to 1600+, but then I realised quite a few of them I'm never gonna watch again, and started to sell some off. I'm sorta not into it now,

[/ QUOTE ]

You're selling off your DVD collection. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I need to sit down.

[ QUOTE ]

I recently started acquiring an old comic I used to like called 'Plop', that was sort of a cross between 'Mad' and 'Tales of the Crypt'. I did it by accident really as my son ased me what my favourite comics were, and I described this to him, and he wanted to read one. I got one off ebay and he loved it, so I am slowly acquiring them (there were only 24 editions in all).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of Plop. It has a cute name. What is the basic plot? I take it that it's horror?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 AM

oh, it's like little morality tales that are basically 'life will bite you in the ass'. It's kinda cute. Buy one off ebay, they go for like $5.

Also, not selling off the whole collection. I found about 150 to sell off. Made about $1000 back.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Re: buying the same stuff over and over/clothes, I am very much like this. I dont' find stuff I think is particularly good or interesting that much, so when I see something I like, I will often buy the same thing in another color or even a "back-up." The back-up may be the same size, but sometimes I guy it one larger in case it shrinks. If I buy it on sale, sometimes I wear it and wash it right away to see if it shrinks, so I can decide whether to buy more in larger sizes before the sale is over. All my life I have bought many shirts and pants that were the same, but in different colors, and occasionally different styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you and I are alike. I do the same thing with the "back-up". Only what happens is the back-up usually stays in the closet with the tags still on and I find it a year later never worn. I do this a lot. I even tell myself when I'm shopping "Do not buy a back-up. You NEVER end up wearing the back-up." But I return to the store anyway and buy the back-up because I just love the shirt so much.

I'm going to call you Gatsby. Did you ever see that movie? He had some back-ups.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave's is more than enough for anyone. If you get a bottle here's a test for you.

Take a toothpick and dip it in the sauce 1/4" and taste it. If it's not the hottest thing you've ever tried then you have no taste buds or you've got a high tolerence for pain. Make sure you have something to drink when you do this. I'm one of the few people I know that can eat Habaneros without passing out or throwing up and Dave's kicks my ass......but I love it. It's not a sauce for flavor it's strictly for heat.

Every year I make a 5 gallon pot of chili for a Super Bowl party. I add 1.5 teaspoons of Dave's and 90% of the people say it's too hot. I think it's just right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am totally excited. I just ordered my Dave's hot sauces and I can't wait for them to arrive. I didn't know they made stuff like this and I have always wanted to find something "blow you away" hot. I will write my reaction after I try them.

I got:
1) the 4 pack of ultimately insanity, insanity, total insanity, and temporary insanity in a wood crate: link
2) Insanity Limited Edition Private Reserve 2007 hand signed by Dave. It says it is 3x the heat of insanity. lol link
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM

I was never very good at formally collecting things. I did have a bunch of rocks that I used to haul around with me for years and years. Some of them were rocks that had been my grandparents that they had shellacked and were really neat looking, Most were just really cool looking stuff I had found. I got rid of a lot of when I moved to Montana but I still have a bunch and still occasionally drag something back home from time to time.

Other than that it is probably guns that I collect now. I have 4 shotguns, 5 rifles and 2 pistols They are really more like tools for me but I can't seem to part with any of them even though there are some I do not ever use and likely will never use again either. There are still quite a few more I would like to get, and will, some day as I can afford them.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Katy

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my god these sound cool. I have always loved looking at perfume bottles but I don't have any cool ones myself, certainly nothing as cool as ivory or egyptian cat bottles. Awesome. Great collection VR. Wish you would take a picture of some of them for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own a digital camera. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I might be able to borrow one though. I'll see if I can manage it.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM

I was also into making models from kits as a kid - airplanes, rockets, and figures. I loved the Aurora monster kits you built and paint. Stuff like this:

I was also big into making and painting dinosaur kits, but not sure if that was aurora or not.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the most recent thing I collected was DVDs. My collection got to 1600+, but then I realised quite a few of them I'm never gonna watch again, and started to sell some off. I'm sorta not into it now, given the ease you can rent stuff. I mostly collect foreign films or TV shows, if anything, these days.

I recently started acquiring an old comic I used to like called 'Plop', that was sort of a cross between 'Mad' and 'Tales of the Crypt'. I did it by accident really as my son ased me what my favourite comics were, and I described this to him, and he wanted to read one. I got one off ebay and he loved it, so I am slowly acquiring them (there were only 24 editions in all).

Funnily enough, I went through something similar when he was about 7 ( years ago), and he found an old Asterix book that belonged to me. A lot of them were out of print, so I slowly acquired the rest on ebay, and we got every single one. My younger son has now inherited them....

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to love this series! I had a bunch of them, including the first one.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Re: buying the same stuff over and over/clothes, I am very much like this. I dont' find stuff I think is particularly good or interesting that much, so when I see something I like, I will often buy the same thing in another color or even a "back-up." The back-up may be the same size, but sometimes I guy it one larger in case it shrinks. If I buy it on sale, sometimes I wear it and wash it right away to see if it shrinks, so I can decide whether to buy more in larger sizes before the sale is over. All my life I have bought many shirts and pants that were the same, but in different colors, and occasionally different styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you and I are alike. I do the same thing with the "back-up". Only what happens is the back-up usually stays in the closet with the tags still on and I find it a year later never worn. I do this a lot. I even tell myself when I'm shopping "Do not buy a back-up. You NEVER end up wearing the back-up." But I return to the store anyway and buy the back-up because I just love the shirt so much.

I'm going to call you Gatsby. Did you ever see that movie? He had some back-ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the book, didn't see the movie. I'm definitely the back-up type. I read some astrology stuff once and it said that Cancers probably have a case of tuna fish under their bed. That's me for sure. I just bought three of those gigantic 4 pound cans of tuna from Costco and realized I already had two of them stuck in a cabinet I haven't looked at in like 3 months. Now I have 20 pounds of tuna.

Just in case.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Wow what a blast from the past! I had both the Frankenstein and the Dracula ones.