Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Default when the board pairs beware... even at 5/10 NL LIVE?

Effective stacks 1700. EP player limps, villain limps in MP. I don't have a great read on villain. He seems conservative and an above average player for Foxwoods, but not necessarily great. I have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the cutoff and raise to 60. My image is somewhat tight and solid, but I have been making some aggressive moves and not having to show my hand, so people could be a little suspicious of me. Both limpers call.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and everyone checks. A continuation bet would have been a good idea, but I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], giving me the straight. Checked to villain who makes a small bet of 50. I raise to 175, other guy folds. Villain thinks for a bit and reraises to 375. He has 1300 left.

This is a crappy spot to be in. The fact that he made a small bet and raise on the turn is evidence of a boat. However, I have been pretty aggressive, so he could be playing back at me with a weaker hand. Also, this is LIVE poker, where a lot of the time trips are treated like a monster, even on boards like this. What would you do?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: when the board pairs beware... even at 5/10 NL LIVE?

I fold here but i make weak tight folds alot. I guess if i'm going to fold to a 3bet i shouldnt be raising right? isn't that the logic?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold here but i make weak tight folds alot. I guess if i'm going to fold to a 3bet i shouldnt be raising right? isn't that the logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was raising to make him pay to draw to a full house if he has trips. But maybe the chances of trips are low enough that calling is better.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:19 PM

Isn't that concensus to only raise here to a guy who won't 3bet without a boat, and to call any guy who may overplay trips?