Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Default 50NL: KK faces rr and all in bet on river

Sorry for the multiple posts. No sooner than I made my last post I ran into this hand. I thought I would play touger after given up too early on my earlier AA.

I basically just sat down and only went one orbit around. So I have no read on amyone at all.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $44.20
BB: $33.60
UTG: $7.95
UTG+1: $119.05
Hero (MP1): $38.60
MP2: $50.05
MP3: $20.15
CO: $52.10
BTN: $97.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 5 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $17.00</font>, Hero calls $12.75

<font color="blue">The board looked dry at the time. Now that I looked at it, villan could have had 89. Anyhow, at the time I didn't put him on that. I was tired of getting pushed around with my monsters and decided to make a stand. I know that was a really big c/r. But dang, am I going to run into trips or two pairs every time I get AA or KK? So I decided to call. </font>

Turn: ($38.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $14.60</font>, Hero calls $14.60

River: ($67.45) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="blue">Was that a stupid call on the turn and river? I was pot commited on the river already and what's another $15. Any critism is greatly appreciated. </font>
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: 50NL: KK faces rr and all in bet on river

If you're going to call the flop, might as well push. No need to leave the $14 out there.

I would just push the flop.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to call the flop, might as well push. No need to leave the $14 out there.

I would just push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about it. I was hoping for a miracle K on the turn or river. But I should just push the flop and pray like hell. I agree with you.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping for a miracle K on the turn or river. But I should just push the flop and pray like hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a very healthy thought process at all; if these are your thoughts after his c/r you really have to lay it down.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:42 PM

leat, you sound like you are playing scared and above your head. If everytime someone raises you feel that you're beat then maybe you need to take a break or move down or both.

As for the hand, SABR summed it up well.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 PM

Yeah, I think everyone is right. I will just swallow my pride and move down one level and play about 10K hands to hone my skills. Thanks for all the advices.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leat, you sound like you are playing scared and above your head. If everytime someone raises you feel that you're beat then maybe you need to take a break or move down or both.

As for the hand, SABR summed it up well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on here.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think everyone is right. I will just swallow my pride and move down one level and play about 10K hands to hone my skills. Thanks for all the advices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, play with a full buy-in to maximize your winnings when you win your hands.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 AM

easy 3bet the flop with your stack and villains line.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy 3bet the flop with your stack and villains line.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I kind of thought. Unfortunately villan was trapping with pocket aces. It's something I would have done actually, so I should have taken that into consideration when I made the call.