Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Bottom Set for 200BB

Villian was 38/25

I talked myself into going to the felt here because of our history.

1)I had stacked him an hour ago when he bluffed with A hi.

2)Since he had pushed 5 times and only shown down 1 hand in which he won with a set.

3) He had pushed me off of a handful of hands of late none recently.

I know it is tough to re-create the table dynamics but I don't think I looked at this hand objectively enough.

How does this look objectively?

Thanks

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $64.85
Hero (UTG): $110.25
MP: $29.5
CO: $73.65
BTN: $49.75
SB: $124.35

MP posts 0.50
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.25, 6 players)
Hero calls $0.50, MP checks, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($12, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $9</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $75</font>, Hero calls $50

<font color="black">River:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($162, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets all in for $44.10</font>, Hero calls all in for $29.75
Uncalled bet of $14.35 returned to SB
Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Bottom Set for 200BB

results??

Also, I would get it all in on turn.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 AM

I guess if I'm going to call the turn I might as well push. I would prefer not to post the results yet in case anyone else has any feedback.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 AM

Edit: Looking back at this hand......it certainly looks like a flopped straight or MAYBE (10% of time) flopped 2 pair...you both limped......could be anything
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 AM

The fact we both limped and he could have anything is what concerns me. That's why I am focusing on my reads. If he is tighter post flop I would have folded to his turn re raise. Is it smart to risk another 100 BB given the marginal reads I have on him?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 AM

I think if I am going to play a big pot here we are getting that money in at the flop. Isnt it like 100-1 that its set over set? Or is this a FR stat? Does it change when its 6max? Forgive the silly questions, I am just asking :P

I just realized you were both deep stack. Again though I guess all in may be drastic but I would at least raise him pot minimum and maybe 1.5 pot, make it look like you may be on a draw.

When he cr you at the flop and you just call? I am trying to figure out why you did. He could make this play with 99 at the flop and just trying to be funny, and now its possible the worst thing ever happened, he turned a set.

I am NOT saying this happened, but just saying that nothing real good comes from just calling the CR at the flop imo. If you were calling the flop so he leads at the turn, then you nail him there, but again you just called. If you want to keep it the pot small uncertain where you are in the hand, then do not raise him at the turn and just play a small pot.

If he has 45 I am sure you can get all in, over pairs perhaps, just depends on the player. If he did flop a straight A3 possible, 3-6 would be weird but in sb who the heck knows, you still have outs.

The river wasnt real important, but what if he did have 2 pair, now that 4th card to the wheel could have killed all action and cost you a potential of getting his final $44.10

This didnt happen here, as he did push all in, but now you have a decision.

Getting the money in deep at flop and turn was the way to play this hand if you were planning on playing a 200.00 pot.

I just want to know more about your thought process on just calling his cr on the flop and just calling at the turn?

I do not want this to come off as attacking, I am just asking and please forgive me if it does come off that way. I am a newbie, so I am just trying to get information.

2 points: In limped pot anything is possible so maybe not be trying to play a big pot if uncertain where you are at.

Also nowhere in this hand did you ever try to get information. Calling never told you anything about your hand at the flop, or the turn and now its 44 more at the river with no better understanding about your opponents hand than when this hand started when it was a pot under 10.00
Old 03-08-2007, 02:53 AM

Up until the turn raise I was trying to entice him to push. He had been the aggressor all night and I didn't think he would call if I pushed.

After he only raised on the turn instead of pushing I started to get worried and turned into a bumbling idiot.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
results??

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't matter.

I open raise 22 from UTG. U often have good fold equity, the hand is easy to play postflop, if you hit your set, it will be a raised pot while your hand is very disguised and you don't give your hand away as a small PP or SC when you limp/call a raise.

I don't like the flop and you should be interested to protect your hand somewhat. You allowed him to limp into the pot. And since he is very loose, he could easily have a 3 for the oesd here. So don't get too fancy with your slowplay here. Push the turn. Probably even reraise the flop. But that may be results oriented, since the oesd comes in on the river. But I definitely push over his turn raise.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if I am going to play a big pot here we are getting that money in at the flop. Isnt it like 100-1 that its set over set? Or is this a FR stat? Does it change when its 6max? Forgive the silly questions, I am just asking :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Because less hands are dealt, the probability of a set-over-set happening is actually lower than in a FR game.

Considering your hand reading: villain raises a huge lot of hands preflop. More hands than I play in the first place, probably. So I really think he would have raised with a small PP or 99 here. Probably even A3. I don't know if he is positional aware. He might be a decent lag. OTOH, if he isn't a decent lag, his stats look like the kind of guy who slowplays AA, KK and maybe even QQ preflop and than goes bananas on a board like this. I'm really concerned about a 3 here, though and I'd like to get my money in, BEFORE the draw comes in. And I hate it, that this is an unraised pot here.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 AM

Push the turn.