Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: 100nl- AA 200bbs deep against a REG... heres my line wut do u thin

wtf is the point of betting the river instead of c/r the turn other than giving a free card to two outer?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 PM

OooHHhHHh

Well, flops standard and the turn is a lame card.

I see no read, 'hes a reg' means as much to me as "his mother is female".

Basically hes a nit, does he float? Does he 4bet QQ?

Thing is, betting this turn has less ev if he folds QQ sure, but with no read means the check-call line reduces in EV by... a tonne.

Id prefer it with a read, without i really wanna bet this turn. Card sucks tho, uh.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 PM

Bet the turn. Don't let him pot control your ass with QQ/KK.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. Don't let him pot control your ass with QQ/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]i understand this but tbh i wouldnt hate some pot control on the turn n e wayz. i mean i seriously doubt he is calling a reasonable turn bet with QQ and he deff is capable of folding even KK. thus killing my equity in the hand. i honestly can only see one hand that he calls my turn bet with that i beat. and i think he does find a fold with KK at times too. so now i am turning my AA hand (which i think is ahead of his range on the turn) into a bluff because i KNOW AA is behind his range that he calls a turn bet with here.

NLnewb...
i gave u all reads i had at the table. i dont take many notes and as i said we hadnt tangled a ton up to this point. kinda just avoid each other and pwn fish. i dont care how he plays against such fish because it doesnt apply to how he will play against me. so i honestly dont have a ton of stuff on him.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is the point of betting the river instead of c/r the turn other than giving a free card to two outer?

[/ QUOTE ]exactly. This is why c/r is > than c/c open shove river.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i understand this but tbh i wouldnt hate some pot control on the turn n e wayz. i mean i seriously doubt he is calling a reasonable turn bet with QQ and he deff is capable of folding even KK. thus killing my equity in the hand. i honestly can only see one hand that he calls my turn bet with that i beat. and i think he does find a fold with KK at times too. so now i am turning my AA hand (which i think is ahead of his range on the turn) into a bluff because i KNOW AA is behind his range that he calls a turn bet with here.

[/ QUOTE ]
So he's folding KK and worse on the turn, but he's calling your riv all-in? You can bet 55 in 89 on the turn and make only a slightly more than 1/2 pot riv shove. I think this is the best line. You're stacking off vs better hands anyways and I think this maximizes your value vs KK/QQ.

Checking the turn hoping he'll pot control, but still with the intention of stacking off isn't a good idea imo.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i understand this but tbh i wouldnt hate some pot control on the turn n e wayz. i mean i seriously doubt he is calling a reasonable turn bet with QQ and he deff is capable of folding even KK. thus killing my equity in the hand. i honestly can only see one hand that he calls my turn bet with that i beat. and i think he does find a fold with KK at times too. so now i am turning my AA hand (which i think is ahead of his range on the turn) into a bluff because i KNOW AA is behind his range that he calls a turn bet with here.

[/ QUOTE ]
So he's folding KK and worse on the turn, but he's calling your riv all-in? You can bet 55 in 89 on the turn and make only a slightly more than 1/2 pot riv shove. I think this is the best line. You're stacking off vs better hands anyways and I think this maximizes your value vs KK/QQ.

Checking the turn hoping he'll pot control, but still with the intention of stacking off isn't a good idea imo.

[/ QUOTE ]ok... on the turn if i fire a second barrel wut is he calling the second barrel with that i beat?!?!?!? MAYBEEEEE KK. i highly doubt he is calling with QQ. so i am turning my hand into a bluff. by checking i am a. allowing him to bluff with a mid pair that he floated or AK that he peeled with, b. letting him think his QQ or KK is actually the best hand so that he either value bets the turn or will call my value bet on the river.

r u guys who r advocating a bet on the turn folding to a shove?!?!!?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 PM

Honestly, I think checking the turn is best against this nit, since he's almost certainly not stacking off with <KK for 200BB. The best way to extract from his likely range is precisely by letting him take a pot control line and then betting hard on the river.

Betting the turn becomes much better if you have aggro history in 3bet pots, but it doesn't seem that you do.

But once he bets the turn, the best play is clearly to shove.