Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

Oringal quote: "gg eagles, if this gives the steelers a gameplan against us, eat [censored] and die plz"

Reply: "Yeah if, the steelers run every trick play in the book to perfection, munch surprise off-side kicks, and a different Q comes in than is originally gameplanned for. But I wouldnt discount it."

My reply was a knee-jerk reaction, to quickly point out that a lot went right for the Eagles, not just these factors affected the outcome of the game.

Edit: yeah it sounds like IM saying that the gameplan was just on side kicks and trickery, I didn't mean that.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm retarded. CW says to go for the win on the road. I was just caught up in the worst possible scenario probably being an easy FG attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This isn't even close to the worst scenario. Weren't the Eagles on the 30 yard line? What if Westbrook loses 2 yards and then Feeley gets sacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeley doesn't get sacked much on running plays imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 AM

btw, BB is on the radio now

he acknowledged that Feeley was great in those in-cuts, and the gameplan was to force him outside, but that part of the plan failed.

Eagles disguised their coverages really well, this caused problems

but, this was mostly in the 2nd half. in the 1st half (offensively) they did whatever they wanted. they then tried to stay ahead of the changes they were anticipating the Eagles were going to make, and that screwed them up a little

re: the pressure, Feely handled it well. he did the same vs us when he was in Miami in 2004 (Dolphin win)

(btw, listening to stuff like this I'm always reminded by how much more there is than meets the eye...)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm retarded. CW says to go for the win on the road. I was just caught up in the worst possible scenario probably being an easy FG attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This isn't even close to the worst scenario. Weren't the Eagles on the 30 yard line? What if Westbrook loses 2 yards and then Feeley gets sacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeley doesn't get sacked much on running plays imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the nittiest [censored] i've ever heard -

with 4 minutes left, you want the Eagles to make 2 running plays at the opponents' 30? The other team has 3 timeouts. You're looking to give them the ball back (them being the best offense in NFL history) with 2:30, 3 timeouts, and a tie game? Are the Eagles going to start throwing again once they pick up the first down, or just keep running?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
feeley was just on tv saying both picks were the result of him trying to throw it away and not getting it far enough from samuel. wtf? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

joe montana has always maintained this about the famous 'catch' play. sometimes being a weak-armed dummy works.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, thats just bs cooked up by pissed off cowboys fans. clark said it was a designed play that they practiced all the time. solomon was the primary receiver on the play but he was covered and montana said afterwards that he knew exactly where clark was the whole time
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(btw, listening to stuff like this I'm always reminded by how much more there is than meets the eye...)

[/ QUOTE ]

>99% of us know next to nothing about high level NFL strategy.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Philly fans are something else. Their team just played one of the most dominant teams of all time as well as anybody has this year with a backup QB and they have found nothing good to say, only criticism of the coaches and starting QB. You guys are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't group me in with hoyas. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 AM

meh, the bs OPI call on moss which negated a touchdown kept this game a lot closer than it should have been.

that being said, every player on the pats except welker and asante were sipmly not ready for a competitive game this week and they are lucky to have won.

I think this game is good for the pats as a wakeup call that they still have to focus and play 60 minutes to dominate.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true wouldn't John Madden, one of the best NFL coaches of all time by record, be able to offer some insight into the strategy of the game beyond what an intelligent dedicated fan already knows.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true wouldn't John Madden, one of the best NFL coaches of all time by record, be able to offer some insight into the strategy of the game beyond what an intelligent dedicated fan already knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not paid to do that. The "intelligent dedicated fan" isn't the target audience of a color guy. It's the yokels that make up 99% of the NFL's (or any sport's) fan base.