Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]
What got me to post was his attitude towards me when I tried to collect what we agreed on. It wasn't a big deal until he started acting like I was the bad guy for bothering him for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, there's absolutely nothing more infuriating than when someone owes you money, and they act like *you're* the one being unreasonable as they continuously delay in paying you back. I actually prefer it when someone hides from me to avoid paying me, rather than getting the kinds of douchey responses that kyleb was sending the OP.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 PM

A $200 bet that was in effect for over 2 months and then when it's finished the OP still hasn't been paid a week later...how can you even have the nerve to say to him "what's the rush?", that is complete and utter [censored].
Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Oh, and the rush is, the longer the money owed scenario drifts on, the less likely the OP is to get paid. I made that mistake last year and I was getting the same kind of wank responses as the OP is getting when I asked for my $$$. I never got the money back and never will.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:40 PM

I dont pronounce it kyle-B or ky-leb, I prounounce it kyle-eb or at least I do in my head. I've kept the kyle intact.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thread delivers. IMHO KyleB comes off very poorly in this thread, OP comes off well if a bit overeager, the $40k website dude comes off well and beset comes off mixed ways (smart, but a lawyer).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the OP cared as much about the money as he cared about the fact that kyleb was being dismissive and basically treating him like a little bitch when the OP came to collect.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thread delivers. IMHO KyleB comes off very poorly in this thread, OP comes off well if a bit overeager, the $40k website dude comes off well and beset comes off mixed ways (smart, but a lawyer).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the OP cared as much about the money as he cared about the fact that kyleb was being dismissive and basically treating him like a little bitch when the OP came to collect.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I ever wanted was a thorough and thought out response. The bet was made 2+ months ago so I was expecting to pay or be paid the very day that the bet was over. I shouldn't have to chase anyone down for money. It really wasn't about the money it was about the attitude of kyleb "yeah ill get to it later on" mentality. So I took matters into my own hands and got on the offensive and it worked. Clearly it has shown a flaw in his character
Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beset comes off mixed ways (smart, but a lawyer).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think he comes off like some kind of 1L that thinks he will be Perry Mason in a couple years.

Either that or he's a paralegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making many assumptions--all of which are false. If you knew who I was you may or may not be emberassed but you would definitely need to change your tune. Regardless, take care and try to let go of whatever resentment it is that is fueling this attack.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the thread kinda annoyed me for a while but it gave me a whole bunch of people to add to my ignore list (OP, Bob and Kyle aren't any of those people, FWIW). I do think what happened to Bob, from Bob's perspective, clearly sucks, but I'm someone who has done, is doing, and will do business with Kyle in the future and his reputation is fine with me. But that's based on personal deals and successes and not on what's in this thread, but it's also why I don't judge many people based on what I read in threads and I certainly don't trust people or distrust people based on their online persona.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob you can't ignore me YET bro
Old 10-09-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kyleb for super-mod due to consistent hostility towards multiple idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 PM

yay I'm back from korea and naturally the first thing I see when I log in after 18 hours of flying is this thread has 85838234 more posts for no apparent reason.

show's over, nothing to see here, next person to disregard instructions gets banned for giving me a headache
Closed Thread