Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Well, we finally got some snow last night. Had about 4 inches on the ground at sunrise. It is so pretty in the trees and there are great big flakes still slowly drifting down.

Those that are able to hunt today will just LOVE this. I am pretty much tagged out and working but boy I wanted to be out in the woods this morning!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we finally got some snow last night. Had about 4 inches on the ground at sunrise. It is so pretty in the trees and there are great big flakes still slowly drifting down.

Those that are able to hunt today will just LOVE this. I am pretty much tagged out and working but boy I wanted to be out in the woods this morning!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, there is a woman who works in an adjacent office who is moving after she gets out of grad school next spring. She just arbitrarily chose Boston - never lived there, no job or boy waiting for her - but primarily because she grew up elsewhere and she is one of these people who misses the seasons.

I've been in snow maybe ten separate times my whole life. The novelty gets old, quickly. Yesterday it got to around 88 and today ForecastFox is predicting 84. I golfed both Friday and Saturday last week, and was given a bunch of crap for wearing slacks when it was shorts weather.

There is a correlation between the weather and the growth of Phoenix and Las Vegas. I certainly am not interested in talking anyone into coming here, there is enough of that happening already. I just say more power to you folks who stay in the snow, you make our freeways less congested. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny, there is a woman who works in an adjacent office who is moving after she gets out of grad school next spring. She just arbitrarily chose Boston - never lived there, no job or boy waiting for her - but primarily because she grew up elsewhere and she is one of these people who misses the seasons.

I've been in snow maybe ten separate times my whole life. The novelty gets old, quickly. Yesterday it got to around 88 and today ForecastFox is predicting 84. I golfed both Friday and Saturday last week, and was given a bunch of crap for wearing slacks when it was shorts weather.

There is a correlation between the weather and the growth of Phoenix and Las Vegas. I certainly am not interested in talking anyone into coming here, there is enough of that happening already. I just say more power to you folks who stay in the snow, you make our freeways less congested. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, people being different is what makes life interesting. If we all were the same life would be SO boring. I think I would miss the seasons as I have been used to that all my life. But then again I do really like spring and fall when the daytime highs are in the 60's and lows at night get into the upper 40's or 50's. I might be able to put up with that year round.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM

I've lived in the tropics or L.A.(which is basically desert) all my life, and I've found the heat gets old quickly too, as does the seasons being minimal. I like change in nature. One year not long ago I did not see rain in L.A. once. Thats just evil. I need nature to still be alive.

I've been to Phoenix and found it unbearable walking around outside. The homes are insulated really well so they are surprisingly comfortable, but going outside and driving around, you have to blast your air conditioner to make the least headway and sitting in the back seat is disgustingly hot. Getting in your car after coming out of a store is stepping into an oven that won't cool down until long after you're drenched in sweat and maybe never really will. The desert strikes me as no place to live, the last refuge of madmen. Walking outside in Phoenix is an ugly business.

The homes and the people were great! The place itself, ugh.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Just got back from a great road trip to Northern Georgia for the weekend. A friend of mine was celebrating her 40th birthday, so nine of us made the road trip up there and stayed in a beautiful six bed/bath cabin in the mountains. We had a total blast, although, like the idiot I am, I managed to forget both my jackets and froze my nuggets off. In any case, a great time was had by all among the beautiful mountain scenery.

Yeah, I suck, forgot my camera, so no pics.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:43 PM

Boy, you are the forgetful type, eh?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, you are the forgetful type, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No lie there Blarg. In my defense, we left at 7am in the morning, and I usually go to bed at that time. I somehow remembered to bring all the marinated steaks, pork, Ipod and accessories and a bunch of unnecessary stuff. I typically just forget the necessities.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Georgia seems like a pretty state. I went there on business a couple of times last year (Atlanta) but didn't get to see much of it. My then employer was full of total boozehounds so we would get ripped every night. It was exhausting. One night we were at a topless bar, but it was weird. It all nude IIRC (this may be wrong) and it was fairly well lit and it almost had a sports bar vibe to it. The ratio of women to customers was also way lower than I've ever seen, and they weren't buzzing around like flies pestering everyone, you had to approach them. There were also more than a few women customers hanging around. It was all very strange.

Anyway, one thing I noticed about Atlanta is that even the ghetto areas are green. That's the big tip-off in Phoenix. If you've never been here it's way greener than you'd think, but the worse the neighborhood, the less the foliage, and there is a lot more unkept dirt.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 AM

missing you all...too busy with my woman anymore to post...hope you guys have a good turkey day.

X
Old 11-21-2007, 05:12 AM

Thinly concealed brag post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread