Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Horrible turn card

Both of these players were loose but only the pfr was raising preflop. Neither of them were laggy post from what i remember

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Check, bet, fold, fold.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Horrible turn card

how is it a horrible turn card

bet the turn

except i would have folded preflop
and i would also have folded the flop
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 AM

flop raise is OK by me. Good chance to protect a possibly best hand. Not sure I like a turn bet when UTG calls 2 cold. I might consider myself behind and check.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:59 AM

Agree with BigBadBabar about folding this PF, especially when button raised this PF and you are SB. Don't know what stakes you are playing on, but mid pair with mediocre kicker in a 3 way pot, there's almost no way you're going to win.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:05 AM

I definitely fold this PF. Flop-raise is fine with me. But I'm folding to the turn bet.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM

Don't let your results cloud your original decision.
Calling a SB pF raise, when you're the BB with an unsuited 1 gapper, with two players left to act, is kind of silly.
Fold pF.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 PM

I fold preflop. Since you didn't, flop raise is ok. I think the turn check/call is good too. With UTG calling behind you, there aren't a whole lot of hands you beat except for straight draws or random overcards and one straight draw came in on the turn while two others (97/98) made a higher pair.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:49 PM

I fold pre-flop. 86o is too weak. Also u have bad position both relative (meaning u will have to act first on PFR's c-bet) and absolute.

Since u choose to play the hand I like the flop raise. U may have the best hand but very vulnerable. I think u should have fired another barrel on the turn. It's a pretty safe card and UTG may have done a loose flop call planning to fold turn UI.

River is another good card for us and I don't mind the bet. I think u played pretty well and aggro, but pf is too loose and will cost u in the long run.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling a SB pF raise, when you're the BB with an unsuited 1 gapper, with two players left to act, is kind of silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a little silly, but at micro limits both limpers WILL call. It is one small bet and if you do hit the flop hard you will definitly get paid off. Personally, I probably would have folded the flop, but I don't mind the PF call.