Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's the more pitiful human being?
Me 2 18.18%
Popinjay 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Default OOT:Decide the fate of my relationship

My girlfriend and I have been going out just over 11 months...Up until recently, everything has been great. But over the last few days, I've kind of been questioning my desire to continue our relationship...Things just don't feel the same anymore. I don't know if I'm bored or what, but I feel like I want to break up with her. Another thing on my mind is that I'll be going off to college soon, and she's still in HS(I'll only be living about 45 minutes away from her, 20 minutes if she moves into a house her family has been looking at). When I'm in school it's just about guaranteed I'm going to want to date other girls.

The problem is I don't want to hurt her...The ideal situation(for me anyways) would be for us to take a short break so I can just figure everything out. Then if I want to continue our relationship, we can do that. But she really loves me, and I love her too(maybe it's just puppy love or whatever you want to call it but whatever...). My biggest fear is that I tell her I've been thinking about breaking up with her or that I want a break, then I decide I want to get back with her and she's moved on.

It really sucks, I've been thinking about it nonstop the last few days...maybe things are just getting a little stale...But at the same time, I'm only 18, I don't know if I really want to be in a serious relationship at this point in my life.

I don't want to say anything to her or tell her how I am feeling until I'm sure of what I want to do...But I hate feeling like I'm keeping my feelings secret from her.

I don't really know what to do and it's killing me. Any advice is appreciated.

I know, worthless without pics and all that [censored]...I'm off to do the dishes, I'll get a pic up upon my return.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: OOT:Decide the fate of my relationship

"babe, I think we should go on a break so I can just figure everything out."
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM

tl;dr.

Picz plz. Also, dump her.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:46 PM

You forgot a poll.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr.

Picz plz. Also, dump her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is I don't want to hurt her...The ideal situation(for me anyways) would be for us to take a short break so I can just figure everything out. Then if I want to continue our relationship, we can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: I want her to let me sleep with other women for a while, but then later when I feel like it sleep with her again! It's win-win!

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest fear is that I tell her I've been thinking about breaking up with her or that I want a break, then I decide I want to get back with her and she's moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you have to tread carefully here. Most everyone can agree that the girl you date in high school is your last opportunity at a good relationship, so don't blow it.

[ QUOTE ]
Any advice is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Break up with her. Also, try cocaine.

Well, if you decide you need a break, then you have to be prepared for the possibility that she will move on. Expecting her to wait around while you find yourself is selfish and douchey.

My advice: You are young and about to enter college. College is one of the best periods of your life. Most people prefer to experience it without strings attached. YMMV.

Dump her.

You will be in a long distance relationship with someone you barely like. Those are hard enough with people you really care about. You will come to this realization really quickly, so just do it quick and get over with it.

Don't waste college time dating someone you don't like.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM

You would be a lot better off not trying to be in a relationship while starting school. Long distance relationships suck, but this may be worse because you are within a short drive which means you will find yourself spending weekends and some week nights driving back home to see her.

You have plenty of time for a serious relationship (even with this girl) but you should take time to enjoy yourself guilt free.

The fact that you have your doubts is probably a good sign that you should take a break. If you change your mind and she has moved on you will have plenty of opportunities to meet some one else.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM

It's killing you? Sounds serious. You need perspective. Try banging some college hotties, climb a mountain, drop acid, and start a band. See if you feel the same.