Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
Why is salmonsmoker calling with 69 off preflop? I believe it's because I raised and then his buddy moved allin. He called hoping that either his hand or his buddies hand would win against my hand. After all, 2 hands are better than one.

Yes, you're paranoid- and your logic is incorrect. Two hands may have more of a chance of winning than one, but your equity increases (with KK)- which ultimately is all that's important.

Don't confuse idiot play will collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK well forget the second hand. The first hand is very suspect though. I have seen a lot of idiotic play before, believe me. But this doesnt seem idiotic to me, it seems very collusive. read the first hand again carefully.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 AM

I much prefer this thread over the "new and improved" one. The new thread is all over the place with too many different limits and discussion of players I never play against. Just too difficult to keep up.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:38 AM

Perhaps we should rename this one to "New New and Improved..." ?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 AM

i just wanted to run the polls really to see what sort of player base 2+2 has on FTP. Although the new thread clearly is betta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Since FTP NL200 tables are full of regs, its impossible not to play with many of them. I would say that 4 per table is the most common. So when table selecting what combo of four regs would you prefer and what would you avoid?

My list:

Prefer:

- Rean1mator (just bad imo)
- MasterChen (play bad big hands imo)
- Bigkawik (very passive)
- Mariorj (very straightfoward and passive)

Avoid:

- raylapsley (great player)
- GabyGabyy (he is not so good, but likes go to war and get out of line with other regs, very agroo)
- FittSmurf (good player)
- Mr_Donktastic (good player)
Old 11-21-2007, 04:35 PM

surprised i made a list since i've been playing pretty bad lately

although i guess i can make things difficult even when i'm playing bad
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM

i try to avoid other lags - pupon, bajunky4life, etc - and tags who adjust well to my style...there's not many...cincyreds07 and eX3cution come to mind.

i don't really follow anyone around but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] NoTurns and prefer to sit with mario or boxer as opposed to fulltilting. other than that most of the normal nitty regs are all the same.

and i don't like sitting w/ stylistic cuz he knows too much and likes to limp/rr me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 PM

ok i am gonna kill this newbelf mother [censored]. How in gods [censored] name can y ou come up with AA so much playing 20BB!?!

Every single mother [censored] time I have a pair he has KK/AA, every time I rarely catch him with AJo etc vs my QQ, he catches anyways. How can tehse [censored] short stackers be so lucky its beyond me. I must b e losing thousands a month to this crap.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since FTP NL200 tables are full of regs, its impossible not to play with many of them. I would say that 4 per table is the most common. So when table selecting what combo of four regs would you prefer and what would you avoid?

My list:

Prefer:

- Rean1mator (just bad imo)
- MasterChen (play bad big hands imo)
- Bigkawik (very passive)
- Mariorj (very straightfoward and passive)

Avoid:

- raylapsley (great player)
- GabyGabyy (he is not so good, but likes go to war and get out of line with other regs, very agroo)
- FittSmurf (good player)
- Mr_Donktastic (good player)

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree with this. As far as regs go I certainly prefer any that are on the more passive side as my entire game revolves around seeing cheap flops and making good decisions postflop. As far as your list of players to avoid, I definitely try to stay out of ray's way, but do have to fire back at him once in a while just to keep him honest. Gaby by far is the most annoying player to play against because he does go to war constantly. Probably a little too aggressive in my opinion but if it works for him so be it. I've made a few extremely loose calls against him and have been right and have been wrong. Any time he shows up though, he just tries to run over the table and that makes it really difficult to get involved in pots with the fish.

As far as the prefer list goes, a few of those guys don't raise much more than 5 or 6% so at least with them I don't have to get into too many pissing matches. By no means are they not good players but I'd much rather be able to see flops at tables with the fish that do show up and make my money off of them. There's still plenty of it to go around. So that's why I agree on the prefer list. I don't have any preference between mario, boxer, or chuck though. It's a rare case where we pretty much have to accept the fact that one of them is going to be at just about every table, and since they all play the same basic style it hardly matters which of them I have to face.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 PM

Boxing, Tilting, Mario and Donkey are all pretty nitty but they don't make the preferred list. Sure they are fairly straightforward to play and - crucially - low variance, but ultimately you want the one hit wonder donks that will call 3 streets of value betting with TPNK.

My avoid list includes:

- Fittsmurf (non-stop going to war with other regulars, a bad trait in a player IMHO - just concentrate on the fish rather than making personal battles)
- Midnight234 (same as Fittsmurf but not as good a player)
- Raylapsley (I don't mind Ian so much, he can be tricky but generally we seem to have a degree of peace between us - lol)

In general I like to avoid players that play with their ego. I can't stand it when you legitimately stack a solid regular who then spends the next 2 hours 3-betting you and c/r nearly every c-bet you make. Grow up, you lost a pot, get over it and play your normal game. I always find this behaviour coincides perfectly with a dry run of cards and missing every flop and when you finally make a standard they have the nuts!!!!